|City of license||Ballard, Utah|
|First air date||2008|
|HAAT||506 meters (1,660 ft)|
|Owner||SkyWest Media LLC|
KFMR has been off the air for financial reasons since June 6, 2009, and remains silent pending a proposed sale.
This station received its original construction permit for a new station at 95.7 MHz to serve the community of Marbleton, Wyoming, from the Federal Communications Commission on April 21, 2005. The new station was assigned the KFMR call sign by the FCC on August 19, 2005.
On April 8, 2008, the FCC authorized a change for the still-under construction station in broadcast frequency to 95.5 MHz and in community of license to Ballard, Utah—roughly 200 miles south of Marblelton, Wyoming. KFMR received its license to cover from the FCC on June 10, 2008.
On July 17, 2008, KFMR's owners notified the FCC that the station had fallen silent on June 10, 2008—the very day it had received its broadcast license—over programming issues. In their application, SkyWest Media requested authority to remain silent "until it has finalized and implemented its programming plans." The Commission granted this authority on December 18, 2008, with an expiration date of June 11, 2009. As a matter of law, of KFMR was unable to resume broadcasting within one year of going dark) it would be liable to forfeit its broadcast license.
On June 8, 2009, having been on the air briefly to beat the looming one-year deadline, the station reported to the FCC that it had fallen silent once again, this time on June 6, 2009, and this time for "financial" reasons. It requested a new authorization to remain silent and as of August 2009[update] the FCC has accepted this application for filing but taken no further action.
In July 2009, SkyWest Media, LLC, reached an agreement to sell this station to Cochise Media Licenses, LLC, as part of a three-station deal in exchange for $552,000 in debt forgiveness. SkyWest Media is owned by Ted Tucker Jr. and Cochise Media Licenses is owned by his father, Ted Tucker Sr. This application was accepted for filing on July 13, 2009, but as of August 2009[update] the Commission has taken no further action on the application.
- "Application Search Details (BNPH-20041229AFT)". FCC Media Bureau. April 21, 2005.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database. Retrieved August 3, 2009.
- "Application Search Details (BMPH-20080108AAB)". FCC Media Bureau. April 9, 2008.
- "Application Search Details (BLH-20080418ABR)". FCC Media Bureau. June 10, 2008.
- "Application Search Details (BLSTA-20080717AEC)". FCC Media Bureau. December 18, 2008.
- "Application Search Details (BLSTA-20090608ABB)". FCC Media Bureau.
- Taylor, Tom (July 14, 2009). "Ted Tucker Jr. sells two western FMs and a CP to his dad". Taylor on Radio-Info (Radio-Info.com). Retrieved August 4, 2009.
- "Application for Consent to Assignment of Broadcast Station Construction Permit or License (BALH - 20090709AOH)". Federal Communications Commission. July 9, 2009.
- "Application Search Details (BALH-20090709AOH)". FCC Media Bureau. July 13, 2009.