|City of license||Fresno, California|
|Slogan||"Fresno's Music Alternative"|
|First air date||October 1982|
|HAAT||20 meters (66 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||Fresno State Radio
Full Spectrum Radio
|Owner||California State University, Fresno|
KFSR (90.7 FM) is an American radio station licensed to serve the community of Fresno, California. Founded in 1982, the station's broadcast license is held by California State University, Fresno. KFSR broadcasts jazz, blues and other genres from the campus of California State University, Fresno.
History and public events
For its ten-year anniversary in 1992, the station compiled and produced A Decade of Homicide, Raisins and Heat, a collection of songs by local Fresno rock bands. The album included an assorted mix of musical styles including alternative rock, funk, ska, Thrash metal, and rock, but not country. In 1994, the university's campus station aired coverage of Fresno State volleyball, basketball, and softball home games.
In 2002, the station director was Matthew Boam who went by the nickname "The Bucket".  The station celebrated its twentieth-year anniversary by holding a reunion for former KFSR members. Focusing on it role is to promote local music, the station put together a two-day concert to celebrate KFSR and celebrate local musicians. The station also produced a 21-track CD of local music to coincide with the bands appearing at the concert.
In 2005, local musicians came together to hold a three-day concert to raise funds for KFSR. In December 2006, the station began to air the syndicated A Prairie Home Companion, hosted by Garrison Keillor.
- Don Mayhew (November 13, 1992), "A Salute to 10 Years of Making Waves", Fresno Bee
- Alia Stearns (January 6, 1994), "Variety of Sounds from Local Bands", Fresno Bee: C1
- Lanny Larson (September 16, 1994), "Step Up for Standout Riggs, a Letdown for Valleyviewers", Fresno Bee
- Inc., CMJ Network, (2002-11-18). CMJ New Music Report. CMJ Network, Inc. pp. 22–. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- Mike Osegueda (August 30, 2002), "Local bands say 'Thanks' to station KFSR", Fresno Bee
- Inc., CMJ Network, (2003-10-27). CMJ New Music Report. CMJ Network, Inc. pp. 35–. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- Mike Osegueda (April 22, 2005), "Banding together for KFSR A seed of an idea blossoms into a three-day benefit.", Fresno Bee
- "KFSR to Air 'A Prairie Home Companion' Starting on Dec. 2", US State News, November 27, 2006
- Official KFSR website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KFSR
- Radio-Locator information on KFSR
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KFSR