|City of license||Fort Collins, Colorado|
|Broadcast area||Fort Collins-Greeley|
|Branding||Radio Nueva Vida|
|Translator(s)||107.3 MHz K297AK Loveland, CO|
|First air date||2005|
|Callsign meaning||God's COuntry (former format)|
|Former callsigns||KWWY (2002-2003)
|Affiliations||Radio Nueva Vida|
|Owner||Cedar Cove Broadcasting, Inc.|
KGCO (88.3 FM) is a radio station licensed to Fort Collins, Colorado, USA. The station is owned and operated by Cedar Cove Broadcasting, Inc. The station broadcasts a Spanish language format to the Ft. Collins-Greeley area as a member of the Radio Nueva Vida network.
KGCO can also be heard via translator K297AK (107.3 FM) located northwest of Loveland, Colorado.
The WAY-FM Media Group received the original construction permit for a new FM station in Ft. Collins, Colorado, from the Federal Communications Commission on June 7, 2002, almost six years after filing the initial application. The new station was assigned the call letters KWWY by the FCC on June 27, 2002.
In October 2002, WAY-FM Media Group, Inc., applied to transfer the construction permit for this station to Colorado Christian University in compliance with their July 2001 consent agreement. The deal was approved by the FCC on November 19, 2002, and the transaction was consummated on January 6, 2003.
The station's callsign was changed to KLHV on February 28, 2003, to better fit the "K-Love" branding. In August 2003, Colorado Christian University reached an agreement to transfer this station and its construction permit to the Educational Media Foundation. The deal was approved by the FCC on October 2, 2003, and the transaction was consummated on November 25, 2003. The station received its broadcast license from the FCC on June 7, 2005.
On June 1, 2008, the station was assigned the call sign KGCO. Just 18 days later it reverted to the previous KLHV assignment until February 17, 2009, when the station once again was assigned the call sign KGCO by the FCC to match the move to the God's Country Radio Network and a new format.
On March 26, 2013, KGCO was purchased from Educational Media Foundation by Cedar Cove Broadcasting, Inc. for $10. The purchase was consummated on May 1, 2013. The station's call sign was changed to KEZF on January 29, 2014 and back to KGCO on May 26, 2014.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Application Search Details (BPED-19961112ME)". FCC Media Bureau. June 7, 2002.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Application Search Details (BAPED-20021009AAS)". FCC Media Bureau. January 6, 2003.
- "Application Search Details (BAPED-20030820ADK)". FCC Media Bureau. November 25, 2003.
- "Application Search Details (BLED-20050524AHY)". FCC Media Bureau. June 7, 2005.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KGCO
- Radio-Locator information on KGCO
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KGCO
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K297AK
- Radio-Locator information on K297AK