KGet is a free download manager for KDE, and is part of the KDE Network package. By default it is the download manager used for Konqueror, but can also be used with Mozilla Firefox. KGet was featured by Tux Magazine and Free Software Magazine.
On KDE 3, KGet 0.8.x, 1 supported HTTP/FTP download  On KDE Software Compilation 4, KGet 2 was released; it supported bandwidth throttling segmentation, multi-threading, and BitTorrent.
- Downloading files from FTP, HTTP(S) and BitTorrent sources.
- Pausing and resuming of downloading files, as well as the ability to restart a download.
- Tells lots of information about current and pending downloads.
- Embedding into system tray.
- Integration with the Konqueror web browser.
- Metalink support which contain multiple URLs for downloads, along with checksums and other information.
- Automatically tags downloaded files with download information (such as the download URL) using Nepomuk.
See also 
External links