KIPP: Delta Collegiate High School
|KIPP: Delta Collegiate High School|
|514 Missouri Street
Helena-West Helena, Arkansas, 72342
|School type||Public (government funded)|
|School district||KIPP Delta Public Schools|
|NCES District ID||0500062|
|Authority||Arkansas Department of Education (ADE)|
|NCES School ID||050006201451|
|Vice principal||Jason Miller;
|• Grade 9||66|
|• Grade 10||70|
|• Grade 11||45|
|• Grade 12||25|
|Student to teacher ratio||9.50|
Knowledge Is Power Program
ADE Smart Core curriculum
|School color(s)||‹See Tfm› Blue
‹See Tfm› White
|Athletics conference||1A 5 North (2012–14)|
|Sports||Basketball (boys/girls), cross country (boys/girls), soccer (boys), track (boys/girls), volleyball (girls)|
|USNWR ranking||2014: ‹See Tfm› Silver Award
2012: ‹See Tfm› Gold Award
|Feeder schools||KIPP:Delta College Prep School (5–8)|
|Affiliation||Arkansas Activities Association|
KIPP: Delta Collegiate High School is a comprehensive public charter high school serving students in grades nine through twelve in Helena-West Helena, Arkansas, United States. It is in Phillips County and is the sole high school administered by the KIPP Delta Public Schools. In 2014, KIPP was ranked No. 2 in Arkansas and No. 567 in the nation. In 2012, KIPP was ranked as the No. 2 high school in Arkansas and No. 408 in the nation by the Best High Schools Report 2012 developed by U.S. News & World Report.
Based on the KIPP network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory schools, the KIPP curriculum meets or exceeds the Smart Core curriculum developed the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE), which requires students to complete 22 credit units before graduation. Students engage in regular and Advanced Placement (AP) coursework and exams, preparatory courses in ACT/SAT testing, leadership workshops, and partnerships with local colleges and universities.
The KIPP: Delata Collegiate High School school colors are blue and white. The KIPP Detla Collegiate participate in various interscholastic activities in the 1A 5 North Conference administered by the Arkansas Activities Association. The school athletic activities include basketball (boys/girls), cross country (boys/girls), soccer (boys only), track (boys/girls), and volleyball.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Kipp Delta Public School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved September 13, 2012.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Kipp:delta Collegiate High Sch". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- "Best High Schools". U.S. New & World Report. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- "Best High Schools". U.S. New & World Report. Retrieved Sep 13, 2012.
- "School Profile, Greenbrier High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved Sep 8, 2012.
- "2012-13 Record Book" (PDF). Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved September 9, 2012.