|City of license||Tafuna, American Samoa|
|Broadcast area||American Samoa|
|Slogan||"For You And Your Family"|
|First air date||2002|
|Format||Defunct (formerly Religious)|
|Power||5,000 watts (unlimited)|
|Owner||Asia Pacific Media Ministries
(District Council of the Assemblies of God in American Samoa)
KJAL (585 AM) was a radio station broadcasting a Religious radio format. Licensed to Tafuna, American Samoa, it served the American Samoa area. The station was owned by Asia Pacific Media Ministries and licensed to the District Council of the Assemblies of God in American Samoa.
The station signed on in 2002 as WDJD but was forced by the FCC to change to a "K" callsign to conform with most other US-licensed radio stations located in the Pacific. The station was assigned the KJAL call letters by the Federal Communications Commission on September 12, 2002.
The station had filed an application with the FCC to change its licensed broadcast frequency from 585 kHz to 630 kHz.
The station's license was cancelled by the FCC on February 1, 2014 for failure to file an application for license renewal.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- Jacobs, George (2007). "National Radio: Samoa (American)". World Radio TV Handbook 2007: The Directory of Global Broadcasting (Billboard Books). p. p.344. ISBN 0-8230-5997-9.
- White, Thomas H. (2005-01-01). "K/W Call Letters in the United States". Old Radio Archives.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KJAL
- Radio-Locator Information on KJAL
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KJAL
|This article about a Christian radio station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a radio station in American Samoa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|