|City of license||Jackson, Wyoming|
|Broadcast area||Jackson Hole|
|Slogan||Jackson's Country Station|
|First air date||2000|
|Former callsigns||KBHJ (1998-2000)|
|Former frequencies||93.3 MHz (2000-2013)|
|Owner||Rich Broadcasting, LLC
(RP Broadcasting LS, LLC)
|Sister stations||KMTN, KSGT, KZJH|
KJAX (93.5 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a country music format. Licensed to Jackson, Wyoming, USA, the station is currently owned by Rich Broadcasting, LLC, through licensee RP Broadcasting LS, LLC, and features programing from CBS Radio.
The station was assigned the KBHJ call letters on 1998-07-17. On 2000-05-26, the station changed its call sign to the current KJAX.
On January 31, 2013, KJAX moved from 93.3 FM to 93.5 FM.
In March 2007, Denver-based Blue Point Media announced that it was set to merge with KJAX owner Chaparral Broadcasting Inc. Chaparral Broadcasting also owns three other radio stations in Wyoming as well as three stations in Idaho.
Chaparral sold KJAX and seven other stations to Rich Broadcasting for $3.7 million; the transaction was consummated on April 1, 2013.
- "KJAX Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KJAX Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Zarkos, Jody (2007-03-09). "Chaparral set to merge with Denver company; Blue Point Media buying stations throughout West". Idaho Mountain Express.
- KJAX official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KJAX
- Radio-Locator information on KJAX
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KJAX
|This article about a radio station in Wyoming is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|