|City of license||Fountain, Colorado|
|Broadcast area||Colorado Springs, Colorado|
|First air date||2012|
|Power||5,000 watts (day)
580 watts (night)
|Owner||Timothy C. Cutforth|
KJME (890 AM) is an American radio station licensed to serve the community of Fountain, Colorado. The station is currently owned by Timothy C. Cutforth. The station began broadcasting in early 2012 with an adult standards/big band music format. As of the spring of 2013, the station now airs classic country music.
More than four years after the initial application was filed, this station received its original construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on July 28, 2005. The new station was assigned the KJME call sign by the FCC on August 19, 2005. The construction permit was scheduled to expire on July 28, 2008.
The station belatedly applied for a license to cover on August 1, 2008, but the FCC dismissed the application on February 19, 2009, and the station was deleted from the FCC database.
Station owner Timothy C. Cutforth filed a Petition for Reconsideration on March 23, 2009. While a similar petition for Cutforth's KJJL was denied in June 2009, the Commission granted KJME special temporary authority to operate on October 6, 2009, and restored the station's call sign to the FCC database. The station's license was issued on January 6, 2012.
- "KJME Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Application Search Details (BNP-20010604ACD)". FCC Media Bureau. July 28, 2005.
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access Database. FCC Media Bureau. Retrieved August 10, 2009.
- "Application Search Details (BL-20080801BCY)". FCC Media Bureau. February 19, 2009.
- "Application Search Details (BSTA-2008-1211AAA)". Federal Communications Commission. October 6, 2009.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KJME
- Radio-Locator Information on KJME
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KJME
- KJME official website
|This article about a radio station in Colorado is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|