|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
|City of license||Elk River, Minnesota|
|Broadcast area||Minneapolis-St. Paul|
|Slogan||Minnesota's Total Country
Change Your Knob To BOB!
|Frequency||106.1 FM (MHz) (also on HD Radio)
106.1-2 FM KLCI-HD2
'Hope 106.1 HD2'
Inspirational Classics (HD Radio)
106.1-3 FM KLCI-HD3
Asian (HD Radio)
106.1-4 FM KLCI-HD4
'The Big Q'
Oldies (HD Radio)
|First air date||December 1974 (as WQPM-FM at 106.3)|
|Former callsigns||WQPM-FM (1974-1998)
|Former frequencies||106.3 MHz (1974-1992)|
KLCI (106.1 FM, "Bob 106") is a radio station serving the northwest Minneapolis-Saint Paul area of Minnesota, United States, that broadcasts a country music format. It is licensed to suburban Elk River, Minnesota and serves the Twin Cities as a rimshot signal. Bob 106's transmitter is in Albertville, Minnesota and its studios are in Ramsey, Minnesota.
KLCI's playlist focuses on a variety of country music. The station has a playlist of country from the 1960s to the best of today, with some music from the 1950s as well. KLCI adopted the slogan "Minnesota's TOTAL Country" to promote this.
The station's nickname, "BOB 106.1", came from a former Twin Cities country station, BOB 100, which changed formats in 1997 to an all-rock format with Howard Stern in the Morning. KLCI picked up the nickname and referred to itself as "The New BOB". The station was previously known as WQPM-FM, with the same country format.
BOB 106 has an agreement with WCCO radio that if Gophers are on at the same time as Minnesota Wild then BOB 106 broadcasts the Wild games.
BOB 106 Shows
- Chuck Knapp - Weekmornings 5 to 9am
- Jon Engen- Weekmornings 5 to 9am
- Steve Wohlenhaus- weather updates and Jim Rich sports reports during Chuck and Jon show
- Neil Freeman- weekdays from 9am to 12noon
- Jim Erickson- All request lunch hour and 1 to 3pm
- Ed Brady- Drive time show 3pm to 7pm
- Geoff Jones 7pm to 12am
- Ashley Albertson overnights 12am to 5am
- 6:30 - 7:30am MN Military Radio
- 7:30 - 8am Your Safe Money
- 8 - 9am Ed Brady
- 9 - 10am Deals on Radio
- 10am - 2pm American Country Countdown with Kix Brooks
- 2 - 7pm Hooked on Country w Jimmy fish
- 7pm - Mid Saturday Night Party Music!
- 5:30 - 8am Through The Bible with Les Feldick
- 8 - 10am Country Gospel with Pastor Ed Brady
- 10am - 12pm Rise Up Country with Jon Ritter
- 12 - 2pm 25 years of Hits
- 2 - 4pm ZMAX Racing Country
- 4 - 6pm ACMR
- 6 - 7pm Connie Lee and Friends Live from the Tennessee Roadhouse
- 7 - 9pm Bear Facts and Fish Tales
- 9pm - 10pm Home Grown Country
- BOB 106 website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KLCI
- Radio-Locator information on KLCI
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KLCI
- Twin Cities Radio Airchecks.com for old Aircheck recordings of Chuck Knapp