|Channels||Digital: 19 (UHF)|
|Owner||Entravision Communications Corporation
(Entravision Holdings, LLC)
|First air date||December 1984|
|Call letters' meaning||LareDO|
|Former callsigns||KJTB (1984, construction permit)|
|Former channel number(s)||Analog:
27 (UHF, 1984-2009)
|Former affiliations||ABC (1984-1988)
|Transmitter power||50 kW|
KLDO-TV is a Spanish-language television station in Laredo, Texas, broadcasting locally on digital channel 19 (VC 27) as an affiliate of Univision. Founded February 14, 1984, the station is owned by Entravision.
KLDO signed on in December 1984 as an ABC affiliate owned by Panorama Broadcasting, making Laredo one of the last markets with full network service. The station switched to Telemundo on October 31, 1988. Laredo has not had an ABC affiliate since then; most cable systems pipe in San Antonio's KSAT.
Entravision bought the station in 1997. The following year, following the openings of TV Azteca stations XHLAT and XHLNA, Entravision changed KLDO's affiliation to Univision; Telemundo at the time used to get most of its programming from TV Azteca (though most of its programming did not air until months later), and most of Entravision's stations are affiliated with Univision.
KLDO also carries LATV programming on its digital signal, on subchannel 27.2; ZUUS Latino Spanish music video programming on its digital subchannel 27.3 since March 2013. In September 2013, the station stopped broadcasting ZUUS Latino programming.
|27.1||19.1||1080i||16:9||main KLDO programming (Univision)|
As an ABC affiliate, KLDO produced English-language newscasts branded as Laredo Eyewitness News, competing against KGNS-TV and KVTV. Currently, the station offers Spanish-language newscasts, branded as Noticias Univision 27, weeknights at 5 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Alma Ferrara - Lead Anchor
- Perla Montemayor - Lead Weather Anchor
- David Miguel - Lead Sports Anchor
- The Broadcasting and Cable Yearbook says December 17, while the Television and Cable Factbook says December 18.
- "ABC affiliate in Laredo, Texas, switches to Telemundo Spanish language network" (Press release). Telemundo Group. October 20, 1988. Retrieved April 28, 2011. (subscription content preview)
- Official site
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KLDO
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KLDO-TV
|This article about a television station in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|