|City of license||Malden, Missouri|
|Broadcast area||Sikeston, Missouri|
|Branding||93.9 The River|
|First air date||September 17, 1999|
|Former callsigns||KMAL-FM (1999-1999)|
(MRR License LLC)
|Sister stations||KMAL, KSIM|
KLSC (93.9 FM, "93.9 The River") is a radio station broadcasting a Classic Hits music format. Licensed to Malden, Missouri, USA, the station is currently owned by Max Media and licensed to MRR License LLC.
The station was assigned the call letters KMAL-FM on 1999-09-17. On 1999-12-10, the station changed its call sign to the current KLSC.
In December 2003, Mississippi River Radio, acting as Max Media LLC (John Trinder, president/COO), reached an agreement to purchase WCIL, WCIL-FM, WJPF, WOOZ-FM, WUEZ, WXLT, KCGQ-FM, KEZS-FM, KGIR, KGKS, KJEZ, KKLR-FM, KLSC, KMAL, KSIM, KWOC, and KZIM from the Zimmer Radio Group (James L. Zimmer, owner). The reported value of this 17 station transaction was $43 million.
KLSC is now an ESPN radio affiliate.
- "KLSC Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KLSC Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Homan, John D. (2003-12-19). "Zimmer sells 17 radio stations". Southern Illinoisan. "The Zimmer Radio Group, a family-owned media company, announced Wednesday it will sell 17 of its 32 stations [...] to Mississippi River Radio."
- "Changing Hands - 1/12/2004". Broadcasting & Cable. 2004-01-12.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KLSC
- Radio-Locator information on KLSC
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KLSC
|This article about a radio station in Missouri is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|