|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2013)|
|Branding||Wyoming's Fox TV|
|Channels||Digital: 27 (UHF)|
|First air date||December 23, 1988|
|Call letters' meaning||Laramie County, WYoming|
|Former affiliations||UPN (secondary, 1995-2006)|
|Transmitter power||169 kW|
KLWY has three full-service satellite stations:
|Station||City of license||Channels
|First air date||ERP
|Facility ID||Transmitter Coordinates|
|KFNB||Casper||20 (UHF)||19841||52.4 kW||560 m||74256|
|KFNE2||Riverton||10 (VHF)||December 22, 19573||11.3 kW||526 m||21613|
|KFNR4||Rawlins||9 (VHF)||April 16, 19865||0.978 kW||51.1 m||21612|
- 1. The Broadcasting and Cable Yearbook says October 31, while the Television and Cable Factbook says November 1.
- 2. KFNE used the callsign KWRB-TV from its 1957 sign-on until 1980, then KTNW until 1984, then KFWY-TV until 1986. It aired programming from all three networks until 1984.
- 3. KFNE's current license dates to May 3, 1991.
- 4. KFNR used the callsign KRWY from April 16 to August 9, 1986.
- 5. KFNR's current license dates to March 8, 1991.
- All three stations (with KFNB as flagship) were affiliated with ABC from 1984 until 2004, when they became satellites of KLWY.
KLWY signed on in 1988 as the second full-fledged commercial station in eastern Wyoming, and the first since KGWN-TV brought television to the region in 1954. It immediately joined Fox. Before KLWY hit the airwaves, Denver's KDVR served as eastern Wyoming's Fox affiliate via cable.
KLWY carried a secondary affiliation with UPN until the network closed in September 2006.
The station formerly had two other repeaters, K26ES in Casper, and K11RN in Douglas. Wyomedia converted these two stations into full-time UPN affiliates in 2004, then to CW affiliates after UPN's closure.
KLWY made the switch to digital on February 17, 2009.
The station does not have a website or a newscast. However, ABC affiliate KTWO is rebroadcast on a digital subchannel of KLWY.
KLWY airs separate identifications and logo bugs from KFNB, KFNE, and KFNR. KLWY identifies as "Fox 27 KLWY Cheyenne/Scottsbluff" while KFNB, KFNE and KFNR identify jointly as "Wyoming's FOX TV KFNB Casper/Riverton".
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KLWY
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KFNB
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KFNE
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KFNR
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KLWY-TV
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KFNB-TV
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KFNE-TV
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KFNR-TV
- http://www.joelwnelson.com/tvscreengrabs/index.php?album=KLWY&image=2013-02-05-AM-11-28-41.jpg. Retrieved 14 May 2014. Missing or empty
- http://www.joelwnelson.com/tvscreengrabs/index.php?album=KFNB&image=KFNB+-+004.jpg. Retrieved 14 May 2014. Missing or empty
|This article about a television station in Wyoming is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|