|This article's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (December 2012)|
|City of license||Eugene, Oregon|
|Broadcast area||Eugene and Vicinity|
|Transmitter coordinates||Coordinates: |
|Former callsigns||KEED (1954-1985)
|Owner||Eugene Comedy Radio|
|Sister stations||KXOR, KXPD|
For several years, KLZS broadcast a Spanish language sports radio format branded as "ESPN Deportes 1450" to the greater Eugene area as an ESPN Deportes affiliate. This programming was aired in conjunction with sister station KXPD (1040 AM) in Portland, Oregon. On November 15, 2009, until the station went dark on December 30, 2009, it broadcast a satellite-fed English language smooth jazz music format branded as "Smooth Jazz Network" from Broadcast Architecture. On the station's return to the air in May 2010, it began broadcasting an oldies format as a simulcast of KKNX (840 AM, "Radio 84"). On November 1, 2012, KLZS switched to a comedy format as All Comedy 1450. The station now broadcasts a mix of stand up and interviews from the All Comedy Radio Network and local programming with professional comedians from the Eugene-Springfield area.
On December 30, 2009, KLZS went off the air citing "substantial decreases in its revenue flow" over the past three years. In its application to the FCC for special temporary authority to remain silent, the station's license holder claimed that "losses have reached the point that the station no longer generates sufficient funds to pay operating expenses" and that the company is seeking to either sell the station or refinance and return to operation. The FCC granted the station authority to remain silent on March 4, 2010.
The station returned to the air on May 11, 2010.
In December 2011, Churchill Media, LLC, applied to the FCC to transfer KLZS and sister station KXOR to "Arlie & Company". Both companies are wholly owned by Suzanne K. Arlie and the transfer was made as a "business reorganization". The FCC approved the move on December 29, 2011, and formal consummation of the transaction took place the same day.
Effective January 15, 2013, KLZS was purchased by Eugene Comedy Radio. Since November 1, 2012, KLZS has been broadcasting a comedy format under the name All Comedy 1450.
- "AM Query Results for KLZS". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved November 7, 2010.
- "KLZS Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved March 11, 2010.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Retrieved May 19, 2009.
- "Application Search Details (BLSTA-20091229AGF)". FCC Media Bureau. March 4, 2010.
- "Churchill Media Liquidates Assets, Closes Stations". KEZI-TV. December 30, 2009.
- "Application Search Details (BAL-20111213ACO)". FCC Media Bureau. December 29, 2011. Retrieved May 2, 2012.
- Radio 84 official website
- FCC History Cards for KLZS
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KLZS
- Radio-Locator Information on KLZS
- Query Arbitron's AM station database for KLZS
|This article about a radio station in Oregon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|