|City of license||Bastrop, Texas|
|Broadcast area||Austin, Texas|
|Branding||La Z 107.1|
|Frequency||107.1 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|Translator(s)||102.7 K274AX (Austin, relays HD2)|
|First air date||1986 (as KLIO-FM)|
HD2: Spanish CHR
|Former callsigns||KLIO-FM (7/1986-9/1986)
(Emmis Austin Broadcasting Company, LP)
|Sister stations||KBPA, KGSR, KLBJ-FM, KLBJ (AM), KROX|
KLZT (107.1 FM) is a radio station broadcasting an Regional Mexican format. Licensed to Bastrop, Texas, USA, the station serves the Austin area. The station is currently owned by Emmis Communications. The station is also broadcast on HD radio. It builds itself as La Z 107.1, (Spanish for "The Z 107.1.")
The station went on the air as KLIO-FM on 1986-07-02. On 1986-09-09, the station changed its call sign to KSSR, on 1989-04-09 to KGSR, and on 2009-12-09 to the current KLZT.
A series of lineup changes occurred in 2009, wherein journalist Andy Langer joined Bryan Beck to form an abbreviated morning show called "The Late Show," which airs from 8-10am. Beck holds down the 6-8am slot. Long-time program director (currently content coordinator) Jody Denberg is on-air from 1-6pm and long-time KLBJ-FM music director and air personality Loris Lowe holds the 6P-MID shift (as well as being the voice of the station's imaging and between-song sweepers). KROX program director Lynn Barstow added program director stripes in the 2008-9 shakeup that saw the exit of long-time employees Susan Castle, "Big" Jyl Herschman, and Bobby Ray (Eakin).
On May 23, 2013, translator K274AX switched its feed from KGSR-HD3's comedy format to KLZT-HD2's Spanish-language pop as "Latino 102.7."
- "KLZT Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "HD Radio Station Guide". HD Radio. iBiquity.
- "KLZT Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Emmis Launches Hispanic Format in Austin". Radio Ink. May 23, 2013. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KLZT
- Radio-Locator information on KLZT
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KLZT
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K274AX
- Radio-Locator information on K274AX
|This article about a radio station in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|