|City of license||Tucson, Arizona|
|Broadcast area||Tucson, Arizona|
|Slogan||80s, Now and Everything in Between|
|Frequency||92.9 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|First air date||1980 (as KWFM)
December 5, 2003 (as KWMT)
|Callsign meaning||MY (branding) or M y N I net Y two-nine|
|Former callsigns||KWFM-FM (6/1980-11/1980)
|Sister stations||KNST, KYWD, KOHT, KRQQ, KXEW, KTZR|
KMIY is a hot adult contemporary radio station that serves Tucson, Arizona, USA. KMIY broadcasts on 92.9 MHz, and is licensed to Tucson. KMIY is owned by iHeartMedia, Inc.. Its studios are located north of downtown Tucson along Oracle Road, while the transmitter site is in the Tucson Mountains, west of the city.
The station played a lot of what is on current adult album alternative (AAA) charts. It also has various artists who record live performances to play on the station. It had a segment titled "Chill Side of The Mountain" every night from 11pm-1am which included ambient and underground music such as AIR, Hooverphonic, Lamb, The Polyphonic Spree, Radiohead, Massive Attack, Morcheeba and Zero7.
Acoustic Sunrise and Acoustic Sunset, from 7am-noon and 8-11pm respectively, offer a "unique blend of acoustic sounds", with a wide range of artists.
A distinctive feature that sets the station apart from other radio stations is the "personal feel" that the DJs lend to the radio station. A few times a month, they also hold "Studio Cs", smaller acoustic concerts, of 20-30 people. Listeners call in to win tickets, and are then invited to a recording studio downtown. These are usually held before or after an artist's performance in town. This private setting allows listeners to meet the artists.
On November 18, 2011, at 5pm, after playing "It's the End of the World As We Know It" by R.E.M., the station was relaunched as "My 92.9". On November 28, 2011 KWMT-FM changed their call letters to KMIY.
- April 2, 2001: After years of broadcasting on 92.9, the KWFM call letters were changed to KOYT, a country music format - 92.9 Coyote Country. KWFM oldies station format and letters moved to 97.1 then to KWFM 1450 AM.
- December 5, 2003: KOYT changed from a country format to AAA The Mountain.
- January 22, 2004: Changed call letters to KWMT-FM to better suit the new station.
- Late 2000s: Station changed formats to the current hot adult contemporary after adding non-AAA artists, but kept The Mountain branding. It was also added to the Mediabase & BDS hot AC panels.
- November 2011: Station rebranded under My 92.9, kept hot AC format but replaced the adult album alternative lean with the rhythmic contemporary lean. Station changed call letters to KMIY. Mediabase still reports the station under old KWMT-FM calls.
- July 2013: "Valentine" morning show replaced with Detroit syndicated show Mojo In The Morning, formerly simulcasted on sister-station KOHT-FM.
- Official KMIY website
- My 92.9 live streaming audio
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KMIY
- Radio-Locator information on KMIY
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KMIY