|City of license||Newport, Oregon|
|Broadcast area||Central Oregon Coast|
|Slogan||"Where The Music And 'U' Make The Difference"|
|First air date||2000|
|HAAT||256 meters (840 feet)|
|Former callsigns||KBGX (1998-2000)|
|Owner||Yaquina Bay Communications
(Pacific West Broadcasting, Inc.)
|Sister stations||KBCH, KCRF-FM, KNPT, KWDP, KYTE|
KNCU (92.7 FM, "U92") is a radio station licensed to serve Newport, Oregon, USA. The station is owned by Yaquina Bay Communications and the broadcast license is held by Pacific West Broadcasting, Inc.
This station received its original construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on April 16, 1998. The new station was assigned the KBGX call sign by the FCC on July 17, 1998. KBGX received its license to cover from the FCC on May 30, 2000. The station applied for new call letters and was assigned KNCU by the FCC on August 30, 2000.
In October 2000, Yaquina Bay Communications, Inc., reached an agreement to sell this station to Pacific West Broadcasting, Inc. The deal was approved by the FCC on October 27, 2000, and the transaction was consummated on November 15, 2000.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database. Retrieved May 4, 2009.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Oregon Radio Stations". Oregon Blue Book. Retrieved May 4, 2009.
- "America's Grand Ole Opry Weekend". Opry.com. Retrieved May 4, 2009.[dead link]
- "Application Search Details (BPH-19960429ME )". FCC Media Bureau. April 16, 1998.
- "Application Search Details (BLH-20000417ABR)". FCC Media Bureau. May 30, 2000.
- "Application Search Details (BAL-20001002AHR)". FCC Media Bureau. November 15, 2000.
- KNCU official website
- Yaquina Bay Communications
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KNCU
- Radio-Locator information on KNCU
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KNCU