|Traded as||BSE: 532400
|Industry||Product Engineering and IT Consulting|
|Services||IT Consulting, Product Engineering Solutions|
|Revenue||US$410.45 Million. (March 2013)|
|Employees||8800 (March 2013)|
KPIT Technologies Limited (BSE: 532400, NSE: KPIT) is a product engineering and IT consulting company providing solutions and services to the Manufacturing, Automotive, Industrial Equipments, Utilities and Semiconductor companies. It is headquartered in Pune India and has offices in 10 countries including the United Kingdom, China, India, France, South Africa, Germany, United States, Japan, Singapore and South Korea. KPIT has close to 8800 employees worldwide.
- Global operations network in over 15 countries
- 8800+ employees
- 200+ longstanding customer relationships
- KPIT Technologies specializes in product engineering design and one of the world’s leading automotive software developers. - Strategy Analytics Blog (2010) 
- Industries Served: Automotive, Manufacturing (Life Science, Medical Devices, Industrial Manufacturing), Energy & Utilities, Hi- Tech, Government & Defence
- 7 Development Centers
- 9 Innovation Awards
KPIT Technologies, the global IT consulting and product engineering company was co-Founded in the year 1990 by Mr Kishor Patil (MD & CEO) and Mr Ravi Pandit (Group CEO & Chairman). KPIT (erstwhile KPIT Cummins Infosystems) has established itself as a leader in technology solutions and services arena and is one of the fastest growing mid-sized IT company in India.
In 1999, the company went public and was listed on the Indian bourses.
KPIT, a socially responsible business organization, continues to push the bar higher through innovation driven CSR activities.We aim to create a synergistic social evolution by offering differentiating technologies and innovative solutions to society. We have defined the following focus areas in order to deliver maximum benefit to society:
- Employee Involvement
- Business Process Management
- Enterprise Manufacturing Management
- Supply Chain Planning & Execution
- Industry Specific Solutions
Product Engineering Solutions
- AUTOSAR & In-Vehicle Networks
- Body Electronics
- Chassis, Safety & Driver Assistance
- Engineering Design
- Functional Safety - ISO 26262
- Instrument Clusters
- Vehicle Diagnostics
Research & Development
The research and development arm within KPIT is known as the Center for Research in Engineering Sciences and Technology (CREST). The CREST team focuses on building capabilities for KPIT to be a global leader in selected niche technology areas. CREST is chartered with innovating break-through technologies in the areas of green energy, automotive, high performance computing and semiconductors. CREST has received accreditation as a research & development facility from the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) under the Ministry of Science and Technology. CREST has filed 50 patents and published several research papers.
Revolo - Revolo is a plug-in parallel hybrid technology that can be retrofitted in both existing and new cars. This technology has been designed and engineered by KPIT and the product will be manufactured through a joint venture (JV) between Bharat Forge and KPIT.
Partnerships & Alliances
- Premium membership with Automotive Open System Architecture (AUTOSAR)
- Premium membership with Japan Automotive Software Platform Architecture (JasPar)
- Membership of GENIVI (In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) reference platform)
- Membership of ASAM (vehicle diagnostics)
|1990||KPIT Infosystems incorporated by a group of CPAs|
|1999||IPO: 42 times oversubscribed. Became a public limited company in India|
|2002||Merger of Cummins Infotech into KPIT Infosystems to KPIT Cummins Infosystems Limited|
|2004||Acquisition of Panex Consulting – USA|
|2005||Lehman Brothers take 8% stake in KPIT Cummins. Integrated all offshore facilities in Pune, India into the state of the art campus at Hinjawadi. Acquisition of SolvCentral.com – USA. Acquisition of Pivolis.com – France.|
|2006||Acquisition of CG Smith, India|
|2007||Achieved corporate mission of being a USD $100 million company by the financial year 2006-2007 Strategic investment by Cargill Ventures, a venture capital arm of Cargill Inc.|
|2008||Acquisition of Mechanical Design Services business of Harita TVS Technologies, India.|
|2009||Acquisition of Sparta Consulting - California, USA based firm leading provider of high end SAP solutions|
|2010||Acquisition of CPG Solutions - Boca Raton, USA based Oracle Applications Consulting Expertise|
|2010||Acquisition of In2Soft GmBH - Munich, Germany based Vehicle Diagnostics and telematics specialists|
|2010||Acquisition of SYSTIME-Mumbai|
|2011||Diversified Financial Services(under IES) sold to Infrasoft Technologies Ltd.|
|2013||KPIT rebrands itself as KPIT Technologies|
Awards & Recognition
1) KPIT achieved the prestigious Verafirm-Certified from BSA, for Software Asset Management
3) Shrikant Kulkarni, CIO, KPIT, awarded the Dataquest Editors Choice CIO Excellence Award 2013, in recognition of his significant contribution in leading the high end technology initiatives at KPIT
4) KPIT awarded the Microsoft customer spotlight recognition award for Reimaging cloud
5) VMware awarded the renowned IT excellence - Best Implementation Award to KPIT under Desktop Virtualization category
6) EMC transformers Award 2013, awarded to KPITfor deploying cutting edge technologies and achieving substantial business benefits with high end technology implementation
7) KPIT wins ‘Best Performance in Service Delivery’ award from SAP India
8) Sparta Consulting, a KPIT company, positioned in the “Niche Players” Quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for SAP Implementation Service Providers, North America
9) KPIT won the 2011 Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award in the ‘Transport’ category
10) KPIT was awarded the EMC Cloud Pioneer Award 2011, for early adoption, coverage, size and maturity of cloud deployment at KPIT
11) KPIT REVOLO - Plug in Hybrid awarded Best Implemented Sustainability Innovation of the Year 2011 by Knowledge@Wharton
|Ravi Pandit||Chairman and Group CEO|
|Kishor Patil||CEO & Managing Director|
- Official website
- StyleCheck - Model Compliance Tool
- Times of India - "STPI status extension a breather for IT"
- Business Wire - "GENIVI Membership Continues Strong Growth"
- Manufacturing Business Technology - "Humble beginnings: KPIT Cummins offers Tier 2 manufacturing IT services and the capacity to please"
- EETimes - "Automotive revolution ahead, Indian expert predicts"
- Cad Cam News - "Real and virtual test teams have merged - Jean Michel Terrier, Altair"