|Traded as||BSE: 532400
|Industry||Product Engineering and IT Consulting|
|Services||IT Consulting, Product Engineering Solutions|
|Revenue||US$410.45 Million. (March 2013)|
|Employees||8800 (March 2013)|
KPIT Technologies Limited (BSE: 532400, NSE: KPIT) is a product engineering and IT consulting company providing solutions and services to the Manufacturing, Automotive, Industrial Equipments, Utilities and Semiconductor companies. It is headquartered in Pune India and has offices in 10 countries including the United Kingdom, China, India, France, South Africa, Germany, United States, Japan, Singapore and South Korea. KPIT has close to 8800 employees worldwide.
- Global operations network in over 15 countries
- 8800+ employees
- 200+ longstanding customer relationships
- KPIT Technologies specializes in product engineering design and one of the world’s leading automotive software developers. - Strategy Analytics Blog (2010) 
KPIT started as a financial auditing firm decades before moving into the field of software. Close to late 80s they started developing software for banks and financial firms and went on to expand in other domains like manufacturing. Today, KPIT is one of the fastest growing IT and Engineering Services providers globally.
KPIT is focused on key verticals of Automotive, Banking, Manufacturing and Energy and Utilities.
KPIT has three development centers in India, in Pune, Noida and Bangalore. Although the company's growth and success stories are good and appealing, employees reviews are mixed.
- Automotive Engineering
- Automotive Electronics Software
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Chip Design
- Embedded Software
- Business Process Management
- Business Intelligence
- Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance
- Supply Chain Consulting
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- IT Strategy
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)
- Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO)
Research and development
The Center for Research in Engineering Sciences and Technology (CREST) is the Research and Development department of KPIT. It is focused on innovation, technology, and R&D in emerging technologies. The CREST team files patents and publishes research papers in international conferences. CREST has filed 43 global patents so far.
Revolo - Revolo is a plug-in parallel hybrid technology that can be retrofitted in both existing and new cars. This technology has been designed and engineered by KPIT and the product will be manufactured through a joint venture (JV) between Bharat Forge and KPIT.
Partnerships & Alliances
- SAP Services partner 
- Apriso Solution partner for Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Platinum Member of Oracle Partner Network
- Premium membership with Automotive Open System Architecture (AUTOSAR)
- Premium membership with Japan Automotive Software Platform Architecture (JasPar)
- Membership of GENIVI (In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) reference platform) 
|1990||KPIT Infosystems incorporated by a group of CPAs|
|1999||IPO: 42 times oversubscribed. Became a public limited company in India|
|2002||Merger of Cummins Infotech into KPIT Infosystems to KPIT Cummins Infosystems Limited|
|2004||Acquisition of Panex Consulting – USA|
|2005||Lehman Brothers take 8% stake in KPIT Cummins. Integrated all offshore facilities in Pune, India into the state of the art campus at Hinjawadi. Acquisition of SolvCentral.com – USA. Acquisition of Pivolis.com – France.|
|2006||Acquisition of CG Smith, India|
|2007||Achieved corporate mission of being a USD $100 million company by the financial year 2006-2007 Strategic investment by Cargill Ventures, a venture capital arm of Cargill Inc.|
|2008||Acquisition of Mechanical Design Services business of Harita TVS Technologies, India.|
|2009||Acquisition of Sparta Consulting - California, USA based firm leading provider of high end SAP solutions|
|2010||Acquisition of CPG Solutions - Boca Raton, USA based Oracle Applications Consulting Expertise|
|2010||Acquisition of In2Soft GmBH - Munich, Germany based Vehicle Diagnostics and telematics specialists|
|2010||Acquisition of SYSTIME-Mumbai|
|2011||Diversified Financial Services(under IES) sold to Infrasoft Technologies Ltd.|
Mergers and Acquisitions
2) Panex Consulting Inc. (2003) - Acquisition of Panex Consulting Inc., USA
SAP implementation services in Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing space
3) SolvCentral.com (2005) - Acquisition of SolvCentral.com
A leading Business Intelligence services and products company
4) Pivolis.com (2005) - Acquisition of Pivolis.com, France
Leading outsourcing consultancy
5) CG Smith Software Pvt. Ltd. (2006) - Acquisition of CG Smith Software Pvt. Ltd.
Leading Automotive Electronics Software & Solutions company and a member of AUTOSAR
6) Harita TVS (2008) - Acquisition of Mechanical Design Services Business of Harita TVS Technologies
Engineering Design Services Company catering to Automotive and Construction & Industrial Machinery. 
7) Sparta Consulting (2009) - Acquisition of California, USA based firm leading provider of high end SAP solutions.
8) CPG Solutions (2010) - Acquisition of US based firm, a provider of Oracle consulting services to manufacturing and supply chain companies.
9) In2Soft GmBH (2010) - Acquisition of Munich, Germany based vehicle diagnostics and telematics specialist In2Soft Gmbh.
10) KPIT sold the Diversified Financial Services business under IES to Infrasoft Technologies Ltd. in July 2011. Along with that 140 employees across different locations working in Diversified Financial Services of KPIT were moved to Infrasoft Technologies Ltd.
|Ravi Pandit||Chairman and Group CEO|
|Kishor Patil||CEO & Managing Director|
|Ramaraju Indukuri||Vice President|
- http://www.revolo.kpit.com/downloads/revolo_brochure.pdf Revolo Brochure
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- CPG Acquisition News story
- In2Soft Press Release
- Official website
- StyleCheck - Model Compliance Tool
- Times of India - "STPI status extension a breather for IT"
- Business Wire - "GENIVI Membership Continues Strong Growth"
- Manufacturing Business Technology - "Humble beginnings: KPIT Cummins offers Tier 2 manufacturing IT services and the capacity to please"
- EETimes - "Automotive revolution ahead, Indian expert predicts"
- Cad Cam News - "Real and virtual test teams have merged - Jean Michel Terrier, Altair"