|Alternative names||55 Second Street
One Second Street
|Location||55 Second Street
San Francisco, California
|Owner||Hines Interests Limited Partnership|
|Management||Hines Interests Limited Partnership|
|Roof||100 m (330 ft)|
|Floor area||41,063 m2 (442,000 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Heller Manus Architects
|Developer||Cousins Properties, Inc.
Myers Development Co.
|Structural engineer||Louie International
|Main contractor||Hathaway Dinwiddie|
When the building was first proposed by Jaymont Properties in 1989, the project was called One Second Street. The development was slowed by the early 1990s recession in the United States but was eventually approved in February 1998.
In November 1999, Jaymont sold the development site to a partnership of Cousins Properties Inc. and Myers Development Company for US$22 million. Groundbreaking took place in May 2000 and the building was completed in March 2002.
- KPMG Building at CTBUH Skyscraper Database
- KPMG Building at Emporis
- KPMG Building at SkyscraperPage
- KPMG Building at Structurae
- "Hines Acquires 55 Second Street And 101 Second Street In San Francisco" (Press release). Hines Interests Limited Partnership. 21 September 2004. Retrieved 1 September 2010.
- "SAN FRANCISCO PLANNING COMMISSION MOTION NO. 14542". February 12, 1998. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- "Cousins, Myers close on development site". San Francisco Business Times. November 17, 1999. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- "Cousins and Myers Commence One Second Street: Major Tenants Signed for New San Francisco Office Tower". Myers Development Company. May 2, 2000. Retrieved November 22, 2013. "Cousins Properties Incorporated and Myers Development Company today announced the commencement of One Second Street, a 374,000 square foot Class "A" office tower located in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District."
- "Myers Development Company (Projects > Commercial > KPMG Building)". Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- "Cousins/Myers Partnerships Sell San Francisco Office Buildings for $287 Million" (Press release). Cousins Properties Incorporated via BUSINESSWIRE. September 21, 2004. Retrieved November 22, 2013.