|Channels||Digital: 39 (UHF)
Virtual: 39 (PSIP)
|Owner||Casa Media Partners, LLC
(operated by Fusion Communications)
(Casa en Denver, Inc.)
|Founded||October 30, 1990|
|Former callsigns||K16CM (?–1999)
|Former affiliations||Lick TV
|Transmitter power||35 kW|
|Public license information:||Profile
KQDK-CD, virtual and UHF digital channel 39, is a MundoFox-affiliated television station located in Aurora, Colorado, United States. The station is owned by Casa Media Partners, LLC. KQDK maintains transmitter facilities located on East Iliff Avenue (near Colorado Highway 83) in southeastern Denver. The station operates as a low-power translator station of Cheyenne, Wyoming MundoFox affiliate KQCK (channel 33).
The station was founded on October 30, 1990. In 2008, under Equity Media Holdings ownership, KQDK became an affiliate of the Retro Television Network (RTN). On January 4, 2009, a contract conflict between Equity and Luken Communications (which had acquired RTN in June 2008) resulted in many RTN affiliates losing the network's programming. As a result, Luken moved RTN's operations to its headquarters in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and dropped its affiliations on all Equity-owned affiliates, including the then-KQDK-CA, immediately. RTN would eventually sign with KCDO-TV that May. KQDK then switched its affiliation to AMGTV, and later to @SportsTV.
In January 2010, VasalloVision announced that it would affiliate with parent station KQCK. KQDK-CA was acquired by Casa Media Partners in April 2012. The station switched its affiliation to MundoFox on August 13, 2012. Concurrent with the launch of the station's digital signal, on February 12, 2013, the station modified its call sign to KQDK-CD.
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming|
|39.1||720p||16:9||KQCK HD||Main programming / MundoFox (simulcast of KQCK)|
- What’s Wrong with MyTV?
- TV Newsday: "Financial Dispute Disrupts RTN Diginet", 1/5/2009.
- "KCDO Denver Adding Retro TV Network". TVnewsday. May 7, 2009. Retrieved June 21, 2009.
- "Takers found for 60 Equity stations". Television Business Report. April 18, 2009. Retrieved April 20, 2009.
- "Equity Media props spin again". Television Business Report. September 9, 2009. Retrieved September 11, 2009.
- "'VasalloVision Network' in Las Vegas, Nevada" (Press release). VasalloVision Television Network. January 14, 2010. Retrieved February 6, 2010.
- "Denver TV, Cheyenne LP Go For $9 Million". TVNewsCheck. April 11, 2012. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- Ostrow, Joanne (August 6, 2012). "Mundo FOX coming to Denver on Channel 33". Denver Post. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- RabbitEars TV Query for KQDK
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KQDK-CD
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KQDK-CA