|Channels||Digital: 39 (UHF)|
|Owner||Fusion Communications, Inc.
(sale to Casa Media Partners pending)
(Denver TV Licenses, LLC)
|Founded||October 30, 1990|
|Former callsigns||K16CM (?-1999)
|Former affiliations||Lick TV
|Transmitter power||35 kW|
KQDK-CD, channel 39, is a low-power television station in Aurora, Colorado, serving as a satellite of KQCK. Founded October 30, 1990, the station is currently owned by Fusion Communications. Currently an affiliate of VasalloVision, it was previously, under Equity Media Holdings, an affiliate of the Retro Television Network.
On January 4, 2009, a contract conflict between Equity and Luken Communications, LLC (who had acquired RTN in June 2008) interrupted the programming on many RTN affiliates. As a result, Luken moved RTN operations to its headquarters in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and dropped all Equity-owned affiliates, including the then-KQDK-CA, immediately. RTN would eventually sign with KCDO-TV that May. KQDK then switched to AMGTV, and later to @SportsTV.
VasalloVision announced its affiliation with parent station KQCK in January 2010. KQDK-CA was acquired by Casa Media Partners in April 2012. The station switched to MundoFox on August 13, 2012. On February 12, 2013, the station flash cut to start broadcasting in digital, and changed its call sign to KQDK-CD.
- What’s Wrong with MyTV?
- TV Newsday: "Financial Dispute Disrupts RTN Diginet", 1/5/2009.
- "KCDO Denver Adding Retro TV Network". TVnewsday. May 7, 2009. Retrieved June 21, 2009.
- "Takers found for 60 Equity stations". Television Business Report. April 18, 2009. Retrieved April 20, 2009.
- "Equity Media props spin again". Television Business Report. September 9, 2009. Retrieved September 11, 2009.
- "'VasalloVision Network' in Las Vegas, Nevada" (Press release). VasalloVision Television Network. January 14, 2010. Retrieved February 6, 2010.
- "Denver TV, Cheyenne LP Go For $9 Million". TVNewsCheck. April 11, 2012. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- Ostrow, Joanne (August 6, 2012). "Mundo FOX coming to Denver on Channel 33". Denver Post. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
The station is owned by Denver TV Group, owned and managed by Barbara Laurence of Pegasus Minority Media
- Official website
- Fusion Communications
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KQDK-CD
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KQDK-CA
|This article about a television station in Colorado is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|