Cabada was previously a partner in TSA Clothing, another skateboard apparel company, but left shortly before its demise.
|This section requires expansion. (February 2013)|
In 2006, Cabada launched a footwear company named "Supra" and, as of March 2013, the brand is distributed by One Distribution, the parent company of KR3W. Chad Muska has described the founding of the company as an "underground idea", shared between five people, that became a "crazy explosion". Since inception, the company has released signature model shoes from team riders, such as Muska, Tom Penny, Erik Ellington, and Stevie Williams.
Supra released a 260-page coffee table book in December 2012 that documents the history of the company since its establishment in 2006. In an interview for the book's promotion, Ellington stated "It's amazing to see something be so successful that easily could've gone the other way. I feel blessed, honored and I'm humbled. It's something I'm really proud to be a part of." In addition to serving as a catalog of the brand's products, the book also features the brand's team riders and collaborations, including those with artists such as Jay-Z.
On January 31, 2013, a promotional video for Jim Greco's second signature shoe, "The Hammer", was published on the Internet; Greco's first signature model was named "The Suprano". Greco explained, in relation to the "Hammer", "“I wanted to make a super simple looking shoe. There’s a million shoes out there that are simple, but I really wanted that fusion of vulcanized and cup sole because I like the feel of the vulc, but I like the impact absorbing features of the cup sole." and the shoe's design was promoted as "a high performance, lightweight, low top skate shoe. The upper has a short eye stay, a long vamp, and minimal branding."
As of March 15, 2013, Supra owns three stores worldwide—the locations are Paris, France; New York City, New York, US; and Santa Monica, California, US. The stores sell footwear for women, men, and children.
A collaboration occurred between producer and DJ Steve Aoki and Supra for Muska's "Skytop II" signature model shoe. Two colorways of the model appear on the Internet—one that is completely black and the other, entitled the "Remix", with a material consisting of a checkerboard design that overlays an otherwise tonal blue design and crocodile-like texture base.
Williams released a collaboration with hip hop artist and entrepreneur, Lil Wayne, in December 2012, whereby the latter designed a colorway for Williams' signature shoe model, the "S1W"—the project was promoted as a "synthesis of skateboarding and hip hop".
Return of Boulala
In September 2010, following his release from an Australian prison for a conviction related to the death of skateboarder Shane Cross, former team member Ali Boulala returned to the sponsored roster.
- Steve Aoki
- Ali Boulala
- Chewy Cannon
- Erik Ellington
- Spencer Hamilton
- Windsor James
- Boo Johnson
- Terry Kennedy
- Lizard King
- Samantha Ronson
- Anton Yelchin
- Alex Carapetis
- Robbie Furze
- Nipsey Hussle
- Bjorn Johnston
- Tom Penny
- Kevin Romar
- Dane Vaughn
- Louis Simonon
KR3W generally specializes in skateboarding apparel and streetwear. They make every fit of pants from loose to skinny. Regular KR3W T-shirts have a small patch with the signature "K" logo on the left sleeve. Vintage shirts have the logo on the bottom while a few shirts have none.
- Angel Cabada (founder)
- Shad Lambert (Marketing Manager at Supra Footwear & KR3W Denim)
- Steve Clare (sales rep)
- Leslie Earnest (26 December 2006). "Pro skateboarders ramp up apparel firm's appeal". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- "Contact". KR3W. One Distribution Company, LLC. 2012. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- "Supra Footwear". GrindTV. Yahoo! News Network and GrindMedia, LLC. 2013. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Home". One Distribution. One Distribution. March 2013. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- defytheobvious (May 2012). "Footnotes x Chad Muska" (Video upload). defytheobvious on Vimeo. Vimeo LLC. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- Robin Fleming (21 December 2012). "THE BOOK OF SUPRA". ESPN X Games. ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- TWS (31 January 2013). "HAMMER: THE NEW JIM GRECO MODEL". Transworld Skateboarding. Bonnier Corporation. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- L.Ruano (7 August 2008). "Supra Greco Suprano High". HypeBeast. MEDIA LAB LIMITED. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- TWS (14 March 2013). "SUPRA OPENS STORE, SANTA MONICA". Transworld SKATEboarding. Bonnier Corporation. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- Aaron Hope (20 November 2012). "Supra Skytop II "Remix" by Steve Aoki & Chad Muska". Sneaker News. Liquidrice, Inc. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "SUPRA PRESENTS THE S1W BY LIL WAYNE". Supra. One Distribution. 6 December 2012. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- Blair Alley (7 September 2010). "KR3W Welcomes Back Ali Boulala". Transworld Skateboarding. Bonnier Coproration. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- "KR3W". KR3W. One Distribution Company, LLC. 2012. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- Shad Lambert (2012). "Shad Lambert". Linkedin. LinkedIn Corporation. Retrieved 2 September 2012.