|City of license||San Antonio, Texas, U.S.|
|Broadcast area||Greater San Antonio, Texas|
|Slogan||Iluminando mente y corazon|
|First air date||May 31, 1978 (as KFHM)|
|Power||10,000 watts day
1,000 watts night
|Callsign meaning||Kids Radio DisneY
|Former callsigns||KFHM, KVAR, KENS|
|Owner||Salem Communications Corporation
(South Texas Broadcasting, Inc.)
On August 26, 1991, the station changed its call letters from KFHM to KVAR.
On October 15, 1993, the station changed its call letters from KVAR to KENS and adopted a news/talk radio format.
On February 27, 2004, the station changed its call letters from KENS to KRDY.
On June 4, 2013, Radio Disney announced that it would be selling 7 radio stations which included KRDY in an attempt to increase revenue and focus more on stations serving Top 25 markets.
In October 2013, Radio Disney filed to sell KRDY and KDIS-FM to Salem Communications Corporation, owner of several other San Antonio-area radio stations. Salem's purchase, at a price of $2 million, was consummated on February 7, 2014.
- "KRDY Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KRDY Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Radio Disney Places Stations On The Market - Radio Insight (released June 4, 2013)
- Notification of Suspension of Operations KRDY - United States Federal Communications Commission
- "APPLICATION FOR CONSENT TO ASSIGNMENT OF BROADCAST STATION CONSTRUCTION PERMIT OR LICENSE". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. October 25, 2013. Retrieved October 30, 2013.
- Station website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KRDY
- Radio-Locator Information on KRDY
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KRDY
|This article about a radio station in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|