|City of license||Rochester, Minnesota|
|Broadcast area||Rochester, Minnesota|
|Slogan||Classic rock without the talk|
|First air date||1975|
|Callsign meaning||Rochester Public Radio|
|Owner||Rochester Public Radio|
The station is located in the KNXR Broadcast and Recording Center, and also shares it's transmitter site. Being a non-commercial station, KRPR presents short "underwriting" messages produced by local radio personalities rather than commercials.
KRPR also presents several weekly radio features focusing on the classic rock genre.
- Into the Music - An hour-long trip through the history and evolution of a featured artist.
- The Classic Album Show - A weekly presentation of a full length album from the rock catalog.
- The Bill & Curt Rock Show - A thematically arranged program.
- Look Back - A rock retrospective. Each program centering on the top hit music of a year. A class reunion on the radio.
- Psycho Jello Radio - Two hours of hit rock, deep tracks, and stories behind the music of the psychedelic 1960s.
- Dennis Mitchel's Breakfast with the Beatles - Featuring the music of the Fab Four and all things Beatle-maniac!
World news is provided by IRN/USA Radio Network.
KRPR uses a minimal amount of dynamic range compression combined with audiophile quality signal processing.
KRPR began broadcasting in 1975, under the ownership of Rochester Community and Technical College. In the late 1990s, the station was sold to Rochester Public Radio, the current operator and licensee.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KRPR
- Radio-Locator information on KRPR
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KRPR