|City of license||Pago Pago, American Samoa|
|Broadcast area||American Samoa|
|Slogan||"The station that belongs to you!"|
|First air date||April 14, 1988|
|Format||Polynesian-Easy Listening with Jazz|
|HAAT||-28 meters (-91 feet)|
|Callsign meaning||"Samoa Broadcasting System"|
|Owner||Samoa Technologies, Inc.|
KSBS-FM (92.1 FM) is Samoa's first commercial FM radio station broadcasting a variety format including local Polynesian, oldies, easy listening music. KSBS-FM broadcasts religious programming on Sunday mornings as well as hourly news from BBC, NPR, VOA, Radio Australia and Radio New Zealand International. Licensed by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to Pago Pago, American Samoa, it serves the general American Samoa area. Also known as "Island 92", KSBS-FM is owned by Samoa Technologies.
History of call letters
The call letters KSBS were earlier assigned to an FM station in Kansas City, Kansas, which began broadcasting October 5, 1947. It operated on 105.9 MHz and was licensed to Sunflower Broadcasting System Incoporated.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- Jacobs, George (2007). National Radio: Samoa (American). World Radio TV Handbook 2007: The Directory of Global Broadcasting (Billboard Books). p. p.344. ISBN 0-8230-5997-9.
- "New Kansas City, Kan., FM Outlet Names Staff". Broadcasting. October 27, 1947. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- Samoa Technologies corporate website
- KSBS-FM Island 92 KSBS-FM Island 92 website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KSBS
- Radio-Locator information on KSBS
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KSBS
|This article about a radio station in American Samoa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Christian radio station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|