|Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Slogan||Family Friendly Television from the Mountain West|
|Channels||Digital: 20 (UHF)|
20.4 Multimedios Television
Jewelry TV (overnight)
|Owner||Alpha & Omega Communications, LLC|
|First air date||March 31, 2001|
|Call letters' meaning||The Mountain West, also The Master's Way|
|Former channel number(s)||Analog:
20 (UHF, 2001-2009)
|Transmitter power||530 kW|
KTMW is a full-service television station in Salt Lake City, Utah. KTMW broadcast locally in analog on UHF channel 20 until the official conversion to digital date on June 12, 2009, when they "flash cut" to digital on the same channel. KTMW is predominately a religious broadcaster with an affiliation to FamilyNet and Jewelry TV. Founded December 8, 1997, the station is owned by Alpha & Omega Communications. KTMW broadcasts three copies of its main signal on its digital subchannel (20.1-3), but carries a local rebroadcast of Multimedios Television on subchannel 20.4. The subchannel 20.4 is a rebroadcast of analog channel K59GS.
Because it was granted an original construction permit after the FCC finalized the DTV allotment plan on April 21, 1997, the station did not receive a companion channel for a digital television station. On June 12, 2009, KTMW turned off its analog signal and turned on its digital signal (called a "flash-cut"). KTMW used NVerizon Automation to complete the flash cut.
Channel 20 was the original home of KSTU, the area's Fox affiliate, from 1978 to 1987. As part of an FCC-approved deal, the KSTU intellectual unit moved to channel 13 in 1987 and currently operates under a separate license. The old channel 20 license was deleted; KTMW's license dates from December 8, 1997.
KTMW is rebroadcast on the following translator stations:
- K22IT Provo (previously K55IT on channel 55)
- K49GD Spanish Fork
- As the translator stations continue to operate in analog, only one program stream is carried on a particular translator. K22IT, K49GD carry the 20.4 program stream.
KTMW's original programming has included:
- Heart for the Lost with Andy Bird — show that discusses Evangelism, Apologetics and Christ.
- Heart of the Matter with Shawn McCraney — author of I Was a Born-Again Mormon and pastor of C.A.M.P.U.S (Christian Anarchists Meeting Prayerfully Understand Scripture), McCraney offers his personal insight about the differences between Mormonism and Evangelical Christianity. In January 2013 Heart of the Matter was abruptly cancelled under pressure from local Evangelical pastors who feared McCraney would discuss and possibly criticize them and their methods.
- Polygamy: What Love Is This? with Doris Hanson — a live television, phone-in talk show program broadcast weekly on Thursday nights at 8:00 PM (Mountain Time). Produced by A Shield and Refuge Ministry, who offers assistance to those trying to leave a polygamist lifestyle, and is hosted by Hanson, a former member of a Utah polygamist community known as the Davis Co-Operative Society.
- The Ancient Paths with Jason Wallace — a television ministry of Christ Presbyterian Church (an Orthodox Presbyterian Church), in Magna, Utah. The host discusses his perspective on various topics and takes questions and comments from callers.
- This Week in the Word with Greg Johnson — as founder of the evangelical Standing Together ministry, Rev. Johnson is joined by two other local Pastors for weekly theological discussions. A common topic is dialogue between faith groups found in Utah.
- Word of the Kingdom with Ernest Khokhar — a television ministry of Miracle Rock International Ministries, where Pastor Khokhar hosts bible study, interviews, and call-in prayer lines.
- "Final DTV Channel Plan from FCC97-115". Transmitter.com. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "KTMW Goes Digital with NVerzion Automation". 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-08.
- "TV20 Originals". TV20 Family Friendly Television. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- Bird, Andy. "Heart for the Lost". Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- McCraney, Shawn. "Heart of the Matter where Mormonism meets Biblical Christianity". Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- McCraney, Shawn (2007) . I Was a Born-Again Mormon: Moving Toward Christian Authenticity. New York: Alathea Press. ISBN 0976627604.
- McCraney, Shawn. "C.A.M.P.U.S. — Christian Anarchists Meeting to Prayerfully Understand Scripture". Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "This Wasn’t Right". Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- Official Homepage for Polygamy: What Love Is This?, by A Shield and Refuge Ministry, the producing organization
- "TV Show, Ministry Aids Polygamists to Break Free (Davis County Clipper, March 9, 2011)
- Billboard Offers Escape, Deseret News, 30 March 2008
- "Former Polygamist Speaks", Davis County Clipper, 3 March 2011
- "The Ancient Paths". Christ Presbyterian Church. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- Johnson, Greg. "Standing Together: Television Shows". Standing Together ministry. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- Khokhar, Ernest. "Miracle Rock:Watch TV". Miracle Rock International Ministries. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- Official site
- Official Blog
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KTMW
- Query the FCC's TV station database for K49GD
- Query the FCC's TV station database for K22IT
- Query the FCC's TV station database for K58FT
- Query the FCC's TV station database for K59GS
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KTMW-TV