|City of license||Sitka|
|Branding||CBS Southeast Alaska|
|Channels||Digital: 7 (VHF)|
|Owner||Denali Media Holdings
(Denali Media Juneau Corp.)
|First air date||October 16, 1966|
|Former callsigns||KIFW-TV (1966-1983)
|Former channel number(s)||Analog:
13 (VHF, 1966-2009)
|Transmitter power||0.35 kW|
KTNL-TV digital channel 7 (Ex-Analog Channel 13) is the CBS affiliate for southeast Alaska, licensed to Sitka. The station is owned by Denali Media Holdings (a subsidiary of local cable provider GCI).
On December 9, 2013, Ketchikan Television filed to sell KTNL-TV, along with KUBD in Ketchikan and KXLJ-LD in Juneau, to Denali Media Holdings, a subsidiary of local cable provider GCI. The deal will make them sister stations to NBC affiliate KATH-LD in Juneau and its satellite KSCT-LP in Sitka, as well as fellow CBS affiliate KTVA in Anchorage, Alaska. The sale was completed on July 28, 2014.
- Mitchell, Elaine, ed. (1973). Alaska Blue Book (First ed.). Juneau: Alaska Department of Education, Division of State Libraries. p. 136.
- "Application For Consent To Assignment Of Broadcast Station Construction Permit Or License". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. December 9, 2013. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- Consummation Notice, CDBS Public Access, Federal Communications Commission, Retrieved 29 July, 2014.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KTNL
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KXLJ
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KTNL-TV
|This article about a television station in Alaska is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|