|Channels||Digital: 43 (UHF)
Virtual: 12.5 (PSIP)
|Translators||K36ID-D 36 Beaumont
K27JJ-D 27 Forbes/Jasper, TX
|Owner||London Broadcasting Company
(sale to Gannett Company pending)
(KUIL License Company, LLC)
|First air date||2003(?)|
|Former callsigns||KUIL-LP (2003–2009)|
|Former channel number(s)||Analog:
64 (UHF, 2003–2009)
|Former affiliations||Fox (2003–2008)
UPN (secondary, 2003–2006)
Azteca América (to 2012)
|Public license information:||Profile
KUIL-LD is a low-powered MyNetworkTV station, broadcasting on digital channel 43 and digital channel 36 (K36ID-D) for the Beaumont / Port Arthur, Texas area of the United States. This station also operates a translator at K27JJ-D in Jasper, Texas.
Owned by London Broadcasting Company, KUIL-LD is the sister station of KBMT, the local ABC/NBC affiliate. Currently on Time Warner Cable in the Beaumont-Port Arthur area, KUIL can be found on channel 15 and in high definition on digital channel 870.
KUIL-LP went on the air on analog channel 64 in 2003 as the market's first Fox affiliate. The station was originally owned by National Communications, owner of KVHP in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Prior to 2003, KVHP served Beaumont and Port Arthur as the local Fox affiliate, in addition to Lake Charles; KUIL was established as a way to provide local programming just for that region, plus alternate coverage of sports that are more relevant to the Beaumont market (such as Houston Texans and Dallas Cowboys football). At the outset, KUIL also held a secondary affiliation with UPN; when UPN and The WB merged into The CW, KFDM added the CW to its digital subcarrier channel, leaving KUIL as solely a Fox affiliate.
In November 2007, KUIL signed on its digital signal on channel 36 (K36ID-D), one of several low-powered stations to have both analog and digital signals. ()
On October 24, 2008, it was announced that then-NBC affiliate KBTV-TV would become a Fox affiliate on January 1, 2009, indicating that KUIL lost the affiliation at that time. Despite early reports of KUIL pursuing the NBC affiliation, competing station KBMT would broadcast NBC programming on a digital subchannel. As a result, after the Fox affiliation ceased, KUIL became an independent station, and began to add some local programming, some of which would be produced by Lamar University. KUIL's last program as a Fox affiliate was New Year's Eve Live with Spike Feresten and Mark Thompson; that program ended at 12:30AM CT. The station adopted The U as its identity, using the same moniker and logo as unrelated station WCIU-TV in Chicago.
On January 1, 2010, KBMT assumed operations of KUIL, in a ten-year deal; this is the third television signal to be operated by KBMT, counting its NBC subchannel. On October 1, 2010, KUIL began airing programming from My Network TV, with the station's moniker changing to "MYTX". It took over the affiliation from KUMY-LP, which switched to the Retro Television Network (RTV). London Broadcasting Company, at that time the owner of KBMT, assumed control of the KUIL license on June 30, 2014; days later, London filed to resell it to Gannett Company, a move that followed Gannett's purchase of most of London's other stations (including KBMT).
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming|
|12.5||720p||16:9||MYTX||Main KUIL-LD programming / MyNetworkTV|
- Guy, Colin (November 2, 2008). "Station changes won't make Beaumont miss Super Bowl, NBC spokeswoman says". The Beaumont Enterprise. Retrieved November 18, 2008.
- Sanders, Ashley (December 18, 2008). "FOX 64 to drop affiliate in New Year". The Beaumont Enterprise. Retrieved December 20, 2008.
- Per tvguide.com listings for 12/31/2008.
- "APPLICATION FOR TRANSFER OF CONTROL OF A CORPORATE LICENSEE OR PERMITTEE, OR FOR ASSIGNMENT OF LICENSE OR PERMIT OF TV OR FM TRANSLATOR STATION OR LOW POWER TELEVISION STATION". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. February 27, 2014. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- "Consummation Notice". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. July 1, 2014. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- "APPLICATION FOR TRANSFER OF CONTROL OF A CORPORATE LICENSEE OR PERMITTEE, OR FOR ASSIGNMENT OF LICENSE OR PERMIT OF TV OR FM TRANSLATOR STATION OR LOW POWER TELEVISION STATION". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. July 3, 2014. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- RabbitEars TV Query for KUIL
- Where to Watch Me-TV: KUIL
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KUIL-LD
- Query the FCC's TV station database for K36ID-D
- Query the FCC's TV station database for K27JJ-D