|City of license||Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Broadcast area||Salt Lake City metropolitan area|
|Frequency||910 kHz (also on HD Radio)|
|First air date||1945|
|Power||5,000 watts (day)
1,000 watts (night)
|Callsign meaning||K Walt DiZney|
|Former callsigns||1945-2003: KALL|
|Owner||The Walt Disney Company
(Radio Disney Group, LLC)
KWDZ (910 AM) is a broadcast radio station licensed to Salt Lake City, Utah, serving the Salt Lake City metropolitan area. The station is owned and operated by The Walt Disney Company. The KWDZ broadcast license is held by Radio Disney Group, LLC.
The station went on the air as KALL, broadcasting a sports talk format. KALL moved frequencies and its call sign to 700 kHz, and on April 30, 2003, the station changed its call sign to the current KWDZ.
The station was originally founded in 1945 and owned by Mr. and Mrs. George C. Hatch and Mr. and Mrs. Robert H. Hinkley. In 1946, John F. Fitzpatrick, publisher of The Salt Lake Tribune (owned by the Kearns Corporation), representing the Tribune, purchased fifty percent interest in the station from the owners. The Tribune's interest (Kearns-Tribune, Corp.) sold its interest in 1954 to permit its owner (Kearns-Tribune, Corp.) to apply for a license to buy a television license and to purchase a fifty percent ownership in KUTV Channel 2.
In June 2013, Disney put KWDZ and six other Radio Disney stations in medium markets up for sale, in order to refocus the network's broadcast distribution on top-25 markets.
After almost 1 year, KWDZ resumed operations on August 14, 2014.
- "KALL First Air Date". Broadcasting Telecasting Yearbook. 1950. p. 305. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "WRDZ-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KWDZ Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Malmquist, O.N.:The Salt Lake Tribune-The First 100 Years, 1971, pp. 389.
- Graser, Marc (June 4, 2013). "Radio Disney Stations Up for Sale (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved June 4, 2013.
- Notification of Suspension of Operations KWDZ - United States Federal Communications Commission
- "Resumption of Operations - KWDZ". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. August 14, 2014. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KWDZ
- Radio-Locator Information on KWDZ
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KWDZ
|This article about a radio station in Utah is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|