|City of license||Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Broadcast area||Salt Lake City|
|Frequency||910 kHz (also on HD Radio)|
|First air date||1945|
|Power||5,000 watts (day)
1,000 watts (night)
|Callsign meaning||K Walt DiZney|
|Former callsigns||1945-2003: KALL|
|Owner||The Walt Disney Company
(Radio Disney Group, LLC)
KWDZ (910 AM) is a radio station (currently on Silent) licensed to Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, and serves the Salt Lake City area. The station is currently owned by the Walt Disney Company. The stations radio towers are located south of Salt Lake City, in South Jordan, Utah.
The station went on the air as KALL, broadcasting a sports talk format. KALL moved frequencies and its call sign to 700 kHz, and on April 30, 2003, the station changed its call sign to the current KWDZ.
The station was originally founded in 1945 and owned by Mr. and Mrs. George C. Hatch and Mr. and Mrs. Robert H. Hinkley. In 1946, John F. Fitzpatrick, publisher of The Salt Lake Tribune (owned by the Kearns Corporation), representing the Tribune, purchased fifty percent interest in the station from the owners. The Tribune's interest (Kearns-Tribune, Corp.) sold its interest in 1954 to permit its owner (Kearns-Tribune, Corp.) to apply for a license to buy a television license and to purchase a fifty percent ownership in KUTV Channel 2.
In June 2013, Disney put KWDZ and six other Radio Disney stations in medium markets up for sale, in order to refocus the network's broadcast distribution on top-25 markets.
- "KALL First Air Date". Broadcasting Telecasting Yearbook. 1950. p. 305. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "KWDZ Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KWDZ Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Malmquist, O.N.:The Salt Lake Tribune-The First 100 Years, 1971, pp. 389.
- Graser, Marc (June 4, 2013). "Radio Disney Stations Up for Sale (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved June 4, 2013.
- Notification of Suspension of Operations KWDZ - United States Federal Communications Commission
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KWDZ
- Radio-Locator Information on KWDZ
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KWDZ
|This article about a radio station in Utah is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|