|City of license||Willmar, Minnesota|
|First air date||1940|
|Power||1,000 watts (unlimited)|
|Callsign meaning||WiLlmar, Minnesota|
|Owner||Lakeland Broadcasting Company|
|Sister stations||KLFN, KOLV, KQIC|
KWLM (1340 AM, "News/Talk 1340") is an American radio station licensed to serve the community of Willmar, Minnesota, since 1940. The station was assigned the call sign "KWLM" by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
The station's broadcast license is held by Lakeland Broadcasting Company. KWLM is one of four stations in the Lakeland Broadcasting Group, which includes KLFN ("106.5 The Train"), KOLV ("Big Country 100.1"), and KQIC ("Q102").
KWLM broadcasts a news/talk radio format. As of January 2012[update], on-air personalities include Bill Dean, Todd Bergeth, J.P. Cola, James Miller, and Paul Stagg. The station airs Minnesota Timberwolves NBA basketball and Willmar High School sporting events.
Jack Lynch served the community for nearly 50 years as an on-air personality for KWLM. In addition, Lynch served on hospital and school boards as well as serving as mayor of Willmar from 1973 until 1976. Lynch died in 1999.
KWLM programming is also carried on a broadcast translator station to extend or improve the coverage area of the station.
|City of license||ERP
|K240CU||95.9 FM||Willmar, Minnesota||170||D||FCC|
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access Database. FCC Media Bureau. Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- "Personalities". KWLM 1340. Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- "Jack Lynch dies; was main voice on radio station in central Minnesota". Minneapolis Star-Tribune. March 9, 1999. Retrieved January 28, 1999.
- KWLM official website
- Lakeland Broadcasting Companny
- Linder Farm Network
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KWLM
- Radio-Locator Information on KWLM
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KWLM