|Winslow / Fort Smith, Arkansas|
|Channels||Digital: 31 (UHF)
Virtual: 31.1 (PSIP)
|Call letters' meaning||WiNsLow|
|Sister station(s)||KXUN-LD, KKYK-CD|
|Former callsigns||K63EG (1989-2000)
|Former channel number(s)||Analog:
63 (UHF, 1989-2000)
|Transmitter power||15 kW|
KWNL-CD, virtual channel 31, is the Univision-affiliated television station, serving the Fort Smith area, licensed to Winslow, Arkansas. Owned by Pinnacle Media. The station broadcasts its digital signal on UHF channel 31.
|9.1||1080i||16:9||main KWNL-CD programming / Univision (HD)|
The call letters were changed from KBBL-CA to KWNL-CA on July 6, 2006. As of July 14, 2006, the KBBL-CA call letters reappeared on Channel 56 in Springfield, Missouri, curiously the namesake of the Simpsons' fictional hometown. However, that station is a translator of KWBM, Equity's MyNetworkTV station in that market, and likely not inspired by the KBBL-TV of The Simpsons.
At one point, KWNL aired local newscasts; they were produced out of Little Rock, Arkansas, with reports produced in Fort Smith. The newscasts were canceled in June 2008, after then-owner Equity Media Holdings instituted a companywide suspension of news programs.
After failing to find a buyer at a bankruptcy auction, KWNL was sold to Pinnacle Media in August 2009 (after having initially been included in Silver Point Finance's acquisition on June 2 of several Equity stations), with Pinnacle assuming control under a local marketing agreement on August 5.
- Manthey, Toby (2008-06-14). "Equity ends newscasts; N.Y. station buy teeters". Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Retrieved 2008-06-19.[dead link]
- "Equity stations still on the block". Television Business Report. April 20, 2009. Retrieved April 28, 2009.
- "APPLICATION FOR CONSENT TO ASSIGNMENT OF BROADCAST STATION CONSTRUCTION PERMIT OR LICENSE". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. June 15, 2009. Retrieved August 25, 2009.
- "APPLICATION FOR CONSENT TO ASSIGNMENT OF BROADCAST STATION CONSTRUCTION PERMIT OR LICENSE". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. August 14, 2009. Retrieved August 25, 2009.
- Official website
- Official Facebook page
- Univision official website
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KWNL-CD
|This article about a television station in Arkansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|