|Winslow / Fort Smith, Arkansas
|Channels||Digital: 31 (UHF)
Virtual: 31 (PSIP)
|Call letters' meaning||WiNsLow|
|Sister station(s)||KXUN-LD, KKYK-CD|
|Former callsigns||K63EG (1989-2000)
|Former channel number(s)||Analog:
63 (UHF, 1989-2000)
|Transmitter power||15 kW|
|Public license information:||Profile
KWNL-CD, virtual channel 31, is the Univision-affiliated television station, serving the Fort Smith area, licensed to Winslow, Arkansas. Owned by Pinnacle Media. The station broadcasts its digital signal on UHF channel 31.
The call letters were changed from KBBL-CA to KWNL-CA on July 6, 2006. As of July 14, 2006, the KBBL-CA call letters reappeared on Channel 56 in Springfield, Missouri, curiously the namesake of the Simpsons' fictional hometown. However, that station is a translator of KWBM, Equity's MyNetworkTV station in that market, and likely not inspired by the KBBL-TV of The Simpsons.
At one point, KWNL aired local newscasts; they were produced out of Little Rock, Arkansas, with reports produced in Fort Smith. The newscasts were canceled in June 2008, after then-owner Equity Media Holdings instituted a companywide suspension of news programs.
After failing to find a buyer at a bankruptcy auction, KWNL was sold to Pinnacle Media in August 2009 (after having initially been included in Silver Point Finance's acquisition on June 2 of several Equity stations), with Pinnacle assuming control under a local marketing agreement on August 5.
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming|
|31.1||1080i||16:9||KWNL-DT||Main KWNL-CD programming / Univision|
- Manthey, Toby (2008-06-14). "Equity ends newscasts; N.Y. station buy teeters". Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Retrieved 2008-06-19.[dead link]
- "Equity stations still on the block". Television Business Report. April 20, 2009. Retrieved April 28, 2009.
- "APPLICATION FOR CONSENT TO ASSIGNMENT OF BROADCAST STATION CONSTRUCTION PERMIT OR LICENSE". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. June 15, 2009. Retrieved August 25, 2009.
- "APPLICATION FOR CONSENT TO ASSIGNMENT OF BROADCAST STATION CONSTRUCTION PERMIT OR LICENSE". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. August 14, 2009. Retrieved August 25, 2009.
- RabbitEars TV Query for KWNL
- Official website
- Official Facebook page
- Univision official website
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KWNL-CD
|This article about a television station in Arkansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|