|City of license||West Yellowstone, Montana|
|Slogan||"West Yellowstone's Own"|
|Power||1,000 watts (day)
38 watts (night)
|Owner||Radio West, LLC|
The stations studios are located at 303 Canyon Street, in West Yellowstone. The transmitter site is south of town, on Broadcast Trail Road, near the west gate to Yellowstone National Park.
In March 2007, Denver-based Blue Point Media announced that it was set to merge with KWYS owner Chaparral Broadcasting Inc. Chaparral Broadcasting also owns four other radio stations in Wyoming as well as three stations in Idaho.
On March 25, 2009, an application was filed with the FCC to transfer control of KWYS (AM) from Chapparal to Radio West, LLC, which is controlled by Richard and Joyce Howe. This application was granted by the FCC, and the Howe's now operate the station.
The current ownership report is located here.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- Zarkos, Jody (2007-03-09). "Chaparral set to merge with Denver company; Blue Point Media buying stations throughout West". Idaho Mountain Express.
- 920 KWYS Online
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KWYS
- Radio-Locator Information on KWYS
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KWYS
|This article about a radio station in Montana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|