|City of license||Muskogee, Oklahoma|
|Broadcast area||Tulsa, Oklahoma|
|Branding||The Sports Animal|
|First air date||January 19. 1984 (as KRLQ)|
|HAAT||600 meters (1969 feet)|
|Former callsigns||KRLQ (1984-1990)
|Affiliations||Yahoo! Sports Radio|
|Sister stations||KBIX, KITO-FM, KYAL|
The station was assigned the KYAL-FM call letters by the Federal Communications Commission on April 3, 2006. The station flipped from country music to all-sports on 2006-04-17 when the "Sports Animal" format moved from KYAL (AM) to KYAL-FM. The AM station and KBIX simulcast this programming as part of the Sports Animal Network. The station made the change to increase the coverage area and improve the signal as part of a drive to improve ratings.
The Tulsa Sports Animal runs its own programming from 9 am-2 pm each weekday.
- "Animal Fodder" runs from 9-11 am hosted by Kevin Ward.
- Former Oklahoma State University football coach and NFL assistant Pat Jones appears from noon to 2 pm with long time Tulsa broadcaster KJRH's "Big" Al Jerkens on "The Middle of the Day Show" that runs from 11 am-2 pm.
The Tulsa station also airs the Oklahoma City Animal's programming including:
- The "Morning Animals" radio show, airing weekdays from 6-9 am, is hosted by Mike Steely, Jay "Lump" Lynch, and Curtis Fitzpatrick.
- The Afternoon Sports Beat with former Baltimore Oriole Jim Traber from 2-4 pm.
- The "Dominant Duo" from 4-6 pm where Jim is joined by Al Eschbach, Berry Tramel from The Daily Oklahoman, and former Sooner Dean Blevins.
- "Inside Sports" with Al Eschbach airs from 6-8 pm when not pre-empted by local programming such as the Texas Rangers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Oral Roberts Golden Eagles, Kansas Jayhawks, NFL or high school broadcasts.
Yahoo! Sports Radio is broadcast when Animal programming is off air.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- Hauser, Glenn (2006-10-24). "DX Listening Digest 6-158". WorldOfRadio.com. Retrieved 2008-05-05.
- Sittler, Dave (2006-03-28). "Satisfying a Jones for a little magic". Daily Oklahoman. Retrieved 2008-05-05.
- Bracht, Mel (2006-05-12). "Pat Jones a radio natural". Daily Oklahoman. Retrieved 2008-05-05.
- Haisten, Bill (2006-02-10). "Reid remains confident". Tulsa World. Retrieved 2008-05-05.
- KYAL-FM official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KYAL
- Radio-Locator information on KYAL
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KYAL