|City of license||Rockville, Minnesota|
|Broadcast area||St. Cloud, Minnesota|
|Branding||AM 1180 K-YES|
|First air date||2009|
|Power||50,000 watts (day)
8,000 watts (critical hours)
5,000 watts (night)
KYES broadcasts a Roman Catholic talk radio format to the greater St. Cloud, Minnesota, area. Programming includes local news, weather and sports, plus Catholic-oriented talk shows from Relevant Radio.
This station received its original construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on January 25, 2006. In March 2006, permit holder D&E Communications applied to the FCC for permission to transfer the permit to Edward De La Hunt, Sr., of De La Hunt Broadcasting. The transfer was approved by the FCC on August 21, 2006, and the transaction was consummated the same day.
In January 2007, Edward De La Hunt, Sr., reached an agreement to transfer the permit to the Throw Fire Project, a Sauk Rapids-based nonprofit organization. The deal was approved by the FCC on March 13, 2007, and the transaction was consummated on May 31, 2007. The still-under construction station was assigned the KYES call sign by the FCC on June 14, 2007.
KYES applied for its license to cover from the FCC on May 27, 2009. The FCC formally accepted the application for filing on July 1, 2009. The station began operating under program test authority granted by the FCC on July 10, 2009. The "official" launch date for KYES was held August 1, 2009. KYES formally received its broadcast license from the FCC on March 11, 2010.
KYES was sold by the Throw Fire Project to Gabriel Media. The sale was consummated on September 13, 2012, for consideration of $500,000.
- "Application Search Details (20090527AIC)". FCC Media Bureau. July 10, 2009.
- Johnsen, Britt (July 9, 2009). "Sauk Rapids-based Catholic radio station to hit airwaves". St. Cloud Times.
- "Application Search Details (BNP-20020508AAN)". FCC Media Bureau. January 25, 2006.
- "Application Search Details (BAP-20060302ABS)". FCC Media Bureau. August 21, 2006.
- "Application Search Details (BAP-20070119ACP)". FCC Media Bureau. May 31, 2007.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database. Retrieved July 15, 2009.
- "Application Search Details (BMML-20090527AIB)". FCC Media Bureau. March 11, 2010. Retrieved April 13, 2009.
- KYES official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KYES
- Radio-Locator Information on KYES
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KYES