|Inland Empire Metropolitan Area|
|City of license||Temecula, California|
|Channels||Analog: 27 (UHF)
Digital: 10 (VHF) (CP)
|Owner||KZSW Television, Inc.|
|Founded||May 23, 1994|
|Former callsigns||K53DU (1994-2000)
|Transmitter power||9.99 kW|
KZSW-LP is a low-power television station licensed to Temecula, California, with studios and principal offices in Murrieta, broadcasting locally on channel 27 as an independent station. Founded on May 23, 1994, the station is owned by KZSW Television, Inc.
KZSW began as K53DU, a 100 watt low-power television station on channel 53, in Hemet. The station was founded by Ray Wilson of Buffalo Communications, and in 1995 was sold to Victor and LaVerta Page. The station's power was then upgraded to 2.3 kW ERP, along with a call sign change to KHEM-LP. In 2000 the station applied for displacement relief from the FCC and was granted a channel change to channel 27, with a licensed power of 9.99 kW ERP. The station ran exclusively religious programming until April 2004, when it launched the "Neighborhood Newsroom," a half-hour local news program that focused on the daily happenings in Hemet and San Jacinto.
In 2005 the station moved its studios to Temecula and adopted a traditional commercial programming format with morning and evening local newscasts. In 2006, ownership of the station was transferred to KZSW Television, Inc.
February 2009 the station affiliated with NewsNet, LLC. To again provide local news, weather, and sports coverage pertinent to the Inland Empire and Southern California.
NewsNet News On Air Staff
- Anchors/Reporters: Ferrari Cruz, Don Howze, Allie Myers, Diana Castillo
- Weather: Staella Gianakakos, Emily Willson
- Sports: Niki Castle
- Directed by: Jack Kay
- Produced by: Michael Streby
- Kevin Page * John Roberts * Wyatt Roose * David Pena * John Bragg * Beverly Copeland * Mike Van Der Linden * Debbie Pena * Kristen Mosteller * Robin Laurie Stewart * Duncan McEwan * Clifford Huxtable * Ron Simkin * Mike Martinez * Greg Miller * Pierre Evans * Claudette Silva * Craig Shultz * Shiela Egge * Susan Lemerande * Dolores Sanchez Badillo* Kathy Chin * Shoshanah Metzelaar * Shane Greene * Russ Hurst * Paul Syrbu * Beau Ryan * Ryan Girkins * Mark Stanley * Ryan Eldred * Britani Serrano * Blake Griffith * JP Raineri * Dennis Johnson * Anchor: Don Howze * Carolyn Chandler * Jimmy Salazar * Jack Kay * Nils Geisse * Rat Sult * Bill Lorin * Fred Kaplan * Jimmy Frusion * Jennifer Jensen * Maya Trabulsi * Matt Sulli * Roger Webber * Brandon Bearden* Cindra * Melissa Vreeman * Melissa Selstad* Eugene Mena * Jackie Pedroza * Chad Buchanan * Kitty Alvarado * Gina Diamante * Bob Fields * Nicole Dauphinee * Natasha Sweatte * Rick Pinto * Sebastian David * Jennifer Jensen * Lindsay Hood *Claudia Salazar/Domine * Angie Russo * Denise Cota * David Medore * Dennis Massawe.
KZSW is carried on the following cable systems:
- Mediacom (Menifee / Sun City): Channel 3.
- Verizon FiOS All southern California systems: Channel 487.
- AT&T Uverse All southern California systems: Channel 27.