Batuma Memorial Airstrip
|IATA: none – ICAO: HUKB|
|Elevation AMSL||5,850 ft / 1,783 m|
Kabale Airport (ICAO: HUKB) is an airstrip serving Kabale, a town in Kabale District, in Southwestern Uganda. It is one of the forty-six (46) airports in the country. This location is about 5 kilometres (3 mi), by road, from Kabale, on the Kabale-Kisoro Road. The coordinates of the airport are . It lies approximately 311 kilometres (193 mi), by air, southwest of Entebbe International Airport, Uganda's largest civilian and military airport.
It is a small civilian airport that serves the town of Kabale and the surrounding areas of Kabale District. As of January 2010, the airport is not under the administration of the Uganda Civil Aviation Authority.
The airport is situated 5,850 feet (1,783 m) above sea level. It has a single unpaved runway. Aeronautical charts show the runway length at 610 metres (2,000 ft) and satellite images indicate a maximum length of 1,400 metres (4,600 ft), while a newspaper article stated the land set aside for the runway was 1.5 miles, which is approximately 2,400 metres (7,900 ft).
- "Kabale, Uganda (ICAO: HUKB)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 8 March 2010.
- "Uganda". CIA World Factbook. "Airports: 46 (2010)"
- "Kabale to get first airstrip". The New Vision. 4 February 2010. "The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has approved the construction of the first airstrip in Kabale district ... the Batuma Memorial Airstrip will be constructed in memory of the late Canon Dr. John Sedrack Batuma ... the airstrip site is located in Rubanda county, about 5Km from Kabale town on the Kabale-Kisoro highway."
- "Distance between Entebbe and Kabale with map". Distance Calculator. Globefeed.com. "311 km (approximate travel/road distance 357.6 km to 388.7 km)"
- "Aerodromes". Uganda Civil Aviation Authority. Archived from the original on 16 February 2010. Retrieved January 2010.
- "Aeronautical chart showing HUKB with elevation and runway length". SkyVector. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Google satellite image with overlay measuring runway length". Wikimapia. Retrieved 14 August 2013.