Kabankalan City Domestic Airport
|Kabankalan City Domestic Airport
Paliparang Domestiko ng Lungsod ng Kabankalan
Domestiko nga Hulugpaan sang Dakbanwa sang Kabankalan
|IATA: none – ICAO: none|
|Operator||Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines|
|Location||Barangay Hilamonan, Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental|
|Elevation AMSL||35 m / 115 ft|
Kabankalan City Domestic Airport (Filipino: Paliparang Domestiko ng Lungsod ng Kabankalan, Hiligaynon: Domestiko nga Hulugpaan sang Dakbanwa sang Kabankalan) is a new airport designed to serve the general area of Kabankalan City, located in the province of Negros Occidental in the Philippines. The airport would be the second airport in Negros Occidental, after the Bacolod-Silay International Airport, and the third airport on the island of Negros. It is located four kilometers northeast of Kabankalan City proper on a 100-hectare site in Barangay Hilamonan.
The airport was mentioned in the 2006 State of the Nation Address of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, although the project is not receiving any funding from the Philippine government. The project is financed completely by the city government of Kabankalan, with the airport costing the city government around two hundred million pesos.
Kabankalan City Domestic Airport will initially contain both cargo and passenger terminals, a control tower and loading and navigation systems. It will also have an initial 1,800-meter runway, although some sources indicate that the runway can have a length of up to 3,000 meters.
It is said that some of the equipment of Mandurriao Airport in Iloilo City, when closed, will be transferred and used at this airport. However, equipment and personnel instead from the old Bacolod City Domestic Airport will run and man the facility.
- Purchase of airport site in Kabankalan set: Zayco, Visayan Daily Star, February 11, 2006
- Kabankalan airport ready by 2010, The Daily Guardian, retrieved March 26, 2008
- Kabankalan City builds Domestic Airport, League of Cities of the Philippines, retrieved May 31, 2007
- ATO preparing plans for Kabankalan airport, Visayan Daily Star, July 7, 2005
- Country in crucial stage of political history, says Negros Occ. guv, Philippine Information Agency, March 24, 2007