Kabar (news agency)
|Jurisdiction||Government of Kyrgyzstan|
|Agency executives||Kubanichbek Tabaldiyev, Director General
Kuban Abdymen, Director
History and profile
The agency was launched in 1937 under the name of KyrTAG which became a state-run news agency and was renamed as KyrgyzKabar in 1992. Three years later it was named as the Kyrgyz National Agency for Telecommunications and Information Administration Kabar. In 2001, it was renamed as the Kyrgyz National News Agency Kabar.
Kabar is headquartered in Bishkek. The director general of the agency is Kubanichbek Tabaldiyev and the director is Kuban Abdymen. The agency signed a cooperation agreement with Trend International News Agency of Azerbaijan on 8 November 2013. Kabar is a member of the Organization of Asia-Pacific News Agencies (OANA).
- "Kyrgyzstan News Sites". World Newspapers. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- Laurence Mitchell (2008). Kyrgyzstan: The Bradt Travel Guide. Bradt Travel Guides. p. 75. ISBN 978-1-84162-221-7. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Trend News Agency, Kabar Kyrgyz Agency sign partnership agreement". Trend. 8 November 2013. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- Kuban Abdymen (23 December 2013). "Kyrgyzstan’s accession into Customs Union unrealistic in near future". Global Times. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- K. M. Shrivastava (2007). News Agencies from Pigeon to Internet. Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd. p. 269. ISBN 978-1-932705-67-6. Retrieved 24 January 2014.