Kabir Khan (director)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015)|
|Born||1971 (age 43–44)
|Alma mater||Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi|
|Notable works||Ek Tha Tiger|
Kabir Khan (born 1971) is an Indian film director, screenwriter, and cinematographer. He started his career working in documentary films, and then made his feature film directorial debut in 2006 with Kabul Express which was followed by New York (2009) and Ek Tha Tiger (2012).
Khan started his career at age 24 as a cinematographer for the Discovery Channel documentary film Beyond the Himalayas (1996) directed by Gautam Ghosh. He then made his own directorial debut with the documentary The Forgotten Army (1999) based on Subhas Chandra Bose's Indian National Army. He then directed two more documentaries before shifting his focus to mainstream cinema.
In November 2014, Khan was slated to start filming Bajrangi Bhaijaan featuring Salman Khan (who is also producing the film) opposite Kareena Kapoor Khan. The film is currently slated to release on Eid 2015. Reports have also surfaced of Khan signing Hrithik Roshan for a romantic film produced by Sajid Nadiadwala, which is scheduled to begin filming in July 2015.
Frequent actor collaborations
|Ek Tha Tiger
- "'Kabul Express is based on my experiences'". Rediff.com. 3 July 2006. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Salman and Kareena come together for Bajrangi Bhaijaan". The Indian Express. 18 July 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Kabir Khan scripts a love story for Hrithik Roshan". Times of India. 14 July 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- How did Kabir Khan marry Mini Mathur?
- Post New York Kabir Khan busy babysitting Hindustan Times, 7 July 2009
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kabir Khan (director).|