From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up kaboodle or caboodle in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
This spelling of "kaboodle" has come into popular usage in culture and commerce, often found as part of the idiomatic expression "the whole kit and caboodle", which can be loosely interpreted to mean "everything and more".
In popular culture
- In the original Star Trek episode "The Trouble with Tribbles", Mr. Scott says: "Before they went into warp, I transported the whole kit and kaboodle into their engine room, where they'll be no tribble at all."
- Kitten Kaboodle was a character in an anti-cat story written by Charles Schulz's Snoopy in June of 1974. "Secretly, Kitten Kaboodle wished she were a dog. She was aware of the natural superiority of a dog, and it bothered her." Linus to Snoopy: "I think your anti-cat stories show too much prejudice.... I think you're going to make a lot of enemies.... Not everybody hates cats, you know!" Snoopy, in thought balloon: "I find that hard to believe."
- Kaboodle was the name of Mrs. Dabney's cat in a 2010 episode of Good Luck Charlie (season 1, episode 12, "Kit and Kaboodle")
- "Caboodle". Dictionary.com Unabridged. Random House, Inc. Retrieved May 16, 2012.
- "Whole kit and kaboodle". World Wide Words. April 10, 1999. Retrieved May 16, 2012.
- "kaboodle - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia". Cambridge Dictionary of American Idioms. idioms.thefreedictionary.com. 2006. Retrieved May 16, 2012.
- "Peanuts Comic Strip, June 13, 1974, on GoComics.com". www.gocomics.com. Retrieved Sep 16, 2012.
|This vocabulary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|