|Born||Indianapolis, Indiana, United StatesFebruary 27, 1969|
|Alma mater||Ball State University|
|Occupation||CEO of Bigfoot Entertainment, film producer|
|Known for||Founder: Bigfoot Entertainment and International Academy of Film and Television|
Kacy Andrews (born February 27, 1969) is an American film producer and CEO of Bigfoot Entertainment.
Kacy graduated Cum Laude from Ball State University in 1991 with a degree in telecommunications and continuing studies at the American Film Institute. In 2000, she was awarded Ball States University's Graduate of the Last Decade.
Kacy spent nine years in production and project development at Hyperion. She moved from position of production assistant to operations manager, assistant to the co-owner, writer, director and associate producer. She has worked on various feature films, television series, theater and animation, including as associate producer on Miramax's Playing by Heart starring Sean Connery and Angelina Jolie. Her impressive list of projects also includes handling films and shows that starred such actors as Louie Anderson (Life with Louie), Linda Cardellini (Bone Chillers), and other projects like HBO's Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales for Every Child (with stars like Denzel Washington and Whoopi Goldberg) and the Oz Kids (with Jonathan Taylor Thomas).
In 2003 her consulting work at Bigfoot Productions in Asia led to the creation of the Bigfoot Entertainment and the International Academy of Film and Television with founder Michael Gleissner. The company is located in Cebu, Philippines with offices and additional schools in Hong Kong and Los Angeles. In October 2010, they purchased the facilities of Majestic Crest Theatre in West Wood, California as a venue to showcase their films. In November 2010, Kacy leads the launching of Bigfoot Ascendant Distribution (formerly Ascendant Pictures) which will be the foreign and domestic sales arm of Bigfoot.
As CEO of Bigfoot Entertainment Kacy has produced films such as The Curiosity of Chance, Irreversi (Estella Warren), Midnight Movie, Within, Hui Lu, The Girl With No Number and Deep Gold (Bebe Pham). She has also produced documentaries, 9000 Needles and USS Cooper: Return to Ormoc Bay as well as reality series' Hollywood Boot Camp.
- The Girl with No Number(producer) (2011)
- Deep Gold (executive producer) (2011)
- 9000 Needles (executive producer) (2011)
- Irreversi (producer) (2010)
- Within (executive producer)(2009)
- Midnight Movie (producer) (2008)
- You Me and Captain Longbridge (executive producer) (2008)
- Hollywood Boot Camp (TV) (executive producer) (2007)
- Hui Lu (producer) (2007)
- The Curiosity of Chance (executive producer) (2006)
- USS Cooper: Return to Ormoc Bay (executive producer)(2006)
- Playing by Heart (associate producer) (1998)
- Journey Beneath the Sea (associate producer) (1997)
- Underground Adventure (associate producer) (1997)
- The Return of Mombi (associate producer) (1997)
- The Monkey Prince (associate producer) (1997)
- Toto Lost in New York (associate producer) (1996)
- The Oz Kids (producer and as writer) (1996)
- The Nome Prince and the Magic Belt (producer) (1996)
- Life with Louie (TV series) (1995)
- "Ball State Alumni Association names GOLD recipients". Ball State University. October 7, 2000. Retrieved December 28, 2009.
- Tara Kaufman (August 28, 2008). "Visiting Film Maker". Retrieved March 17, 2011.
- "Hoosier Directors, Kacy Andrews". Retrieved March 15, 2011.
- Loewenstein, Lael (December 29, 1998). "Playing By Heart (Review)". Variety (Variety.com). Retrieved March 14, 2011.
- "Within Key Crew, Kacy Andrews". Retrieved March 15, 2011.
- "Executive Bios". International Academy of Film and Television. Retrieved March 17, 2011.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "Bigfoot Entertainment Has Big Plans for Majestic Crest Theater". www.blog.onemodelplace.com. October 6, 2010. Retrieved March 17, 2011.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- Verrier, Richard (October 6, 2010). "BIndie filmmaker Bigfoot has an inside track to theater". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved April 17, 2011.
- Landreth, Jonathan (November 2, 2011). "Bigfoot Entertainment Expands, Launches Distribution Company". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 17, 2011.
- Harvey, Dennis (March 21, 2007). "The Curiosity of Chance (Review)". Variety (Variety.com). Retrieved December 28, 2009.
- Frater, Patrick (March 19, 2006). "Bigfoot moves forward on 'Irreversi'". Variety (Variety). Retrieved December 28, 2009.
- Kacy Andrews IMDb Profile