|Vehicle registration||TN 76|
Kadayanallur is a municipal town in the Tirunelveli District of Tamil Nadu of India.The most important commodities such as Handloom clothes, matches, fiber, and mud-pots are being manufactured in the town.
The name Kadayanallur comes from "Kadaikaaleeswara", the name of the presiding deity of Kadayaleeswarar kovil, a Hindu temple located in Kadayanallur. It is located in the foothills of the Western Ghats near the Courtallam Waterfall and Tenkasi. It is famous for saaral (drizzling), which occurs yearly from May to August. It is also known for its vast paddy and coconut fields. Most of the last generation of residents were farmers; however, many are now employed in various parts of India and in foreign countries such as the United States, Singapore, and the Persian Gulf.
The nearest airport is at Madurai, nearest international airport at Thiruvananthapuram then Kochin and a rail service (converted to broad gauge in 2004 2005), served by Southern Railway (India) is also available.
More Details: OnlineKadayanallur.com
Kadayanallur is located at  The town is located on the foot of the Western Ghat, and has an average elevation of 191 m (627 ft)..
The town has an area of 52.25 skm. The town in general has a dry climate except during the monsoon periods.
- Located in between Tenkasi and Sankarankoil in the Indian Railways between Madurai-to-Kollam line
- District Capital Thirunelveli 70 km.
- Airport : Madurai ( Madurai Airport IXM ) 120 km
- Airport : Tuticorin Thuththukudi ( Tuticorin Domestic Airport ) 110 km ( using NH138 & SH40 )
- Tamil Nadu State capital Chennai 500 km
- Nearest International Airport Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala State Capital) 100 km .
- Courtallam Waterfall a famous tourist attaraction 15 km
- Kerala state Border - Ariyankavu is 25 km
- Sankarankovil,a famous historical temple city and is 25 km
- Population more than 77000
As of the census of India 2001, Kadayanallur had a population of 75,612 comprising 37,169 males and 38,443 females, making the sex ratio (number of females per thousand males) of the town to 1,034. A total of 9,675 people were under six years of age and the child sex ratio (number of females per thousand males under six years of age) stood at 938. The town had an average literacy of 73.06%, higher than the national average of 59.5%. A total of 10,575 comprising 16.04% of the population belonged to Scheduled Castes (SC) and 88 comprising 0.13% of the population belonged to Scheduled tribes (ST). There were are total of 16,554 households in the town.
Online Kadayanallur==External links==