Hardison at the premiere of Beyond: Two Souls
July 24, 1965 |
Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Chanté Moore (1997–2000)|
|Awards||NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series
1991 A Different World
1992 A Different World
Hardison was a starring cast member on the sitcom A Different World as Dwayne Wayne, and a regular cast member of the short-lived sitcoms Abby and Between Brothers. His career was managed predominately by his mother, Bethann Hardison. He has also guest starred on several other sitcoms, including Living Single, Girlfriends, Under One Roof, The Boondocks (as himself), Greek, Parenthood, and on Everybody Hates Chris as the judge. His movies include School Daze, Def by Temptation, Vampire in Brooklyn, 30 Years to Life, Made of Honor, Escapee, The 6th Man, Drive, Renaissance Man, Panther, The Fantasia Barrino Story: Life Is Not a Fairy Tale, Bratz, Biker Boyz, Who's Your Daddy?, The Crow: Stairway to Heaven, I'm Gonna Git You Sucka, Blind Faith, " Showtime" and " White Men Can't Jump. He also appears as an actor in the 2013 PlayStation 3 exclusive video game Beyond: Two Souls as Cole Freeman.
Hardison was formerly married to singer Chanté Moore; they have a daughter named Sophia.
- Linda Rosenkrantz and Pamela Redmond Satran credit Hardison for making the name "Kadeem" familiar.
- Hardison is the model for the title character in the inserts of the album The Cool by Lupe Fiasco.
- Hardison was the subject of then-wife Chanté Moore's 1999 single "Chanté's Got a Man".
- In a press conference following Game 4 of the 2012 NBA Finals, Dwyane Wade wore flip-up sunglasses and said he was, "paying a little homage to Dwayne Wayne tonight", referencing Hardison's popular character from A Different World.
- Kadeem Hardison Biography
- Linda Rosenkrantz and Pamela Redmond Satran, Baby Names Now: From Classic to Cool--The Very Last Word on First Names (Macmillan, 2002), 353.
- Dwayne Wade postgame interview, Game 4 of the NBA Finals.