|Kagoshima-Chūō Station front, February 2010|
(See other stations in Kagoshima)
|Neighborhood etc.||1-1 Chūō-chō|
|Former names||Take Station
|Present name since||2004|
Kagoshima City Transportation Bureau
|Line(s)||Kyushu Shinkansen, Kagoshima Main Line, Ibusuki-Makurazaki Line|
|Major bus terminal(s) attached to the station|
Kagoshima-Chūō Station (鹿児島中央駅 Kagoshima-Chūō-eki , lit: Kagoshima Central Station) is a major railway station in Kagoshima, Japan, operated by Kyushu Railway Company (JR Kyushu). It is the southern terminus of the Kyushu Shinkansen and is located on the Kagoshima Main Line and Ibusuki-Makurazaki Line. Before the Kyushu Shinkansen opened in 2004, the station was called Nishi-Kagoshima Station (lit: West Kagoshima Station).
Kagoshima-Chūō Station is served by the following JR Kyushu lines.
The Kyushu Shinkansen tracks and platforms are perpendicular to the Kagoshima Main and Ibusuki-Makurazaki tracks and platforms.
|1||■Ibusuki-Makurazaki Line||for Goino, Ibusuki, and Yamakawa|
|2-4||■Kagoshima Main Line||for Ijūin, Kushikino, and Sendai|
|■Nippō Main Line||for Kagoshima, Hayato, and Miyazaki|
|■Ibusuki-Makurazaki Line||for Goino, Ibusuki, and Yamakawa|
|5/6||■Kagoshima Main Line||for Ijūin, Kushikino, and Sendai|
|■Kyushu Shinkansen||for Kagoshima, Hayato, and Miyazaki|
|11-14||■Ibusuki-Makurazaki Line||for Kumamoto, Hakata, and Shin-Osaka|
Limited express trains
- Kirishima - Nippō Main Line
- Hayato no Kaze - Nippo Line and Hisatsu Line
- Ibusuki no Tamatebako - Ibusuki Makurazaki Line
- Sendai Express - Kagoshima Main Line
Liner and Rapid trains
- Nanohana - Ibusuki Makurazaki Line
- Ocean Liner Satsuma - Kagoshima Main Line
|Kagoshima Main Line|
|Terminus||Limited express Hayato no Kaze
Limited express Kirishima
|Ijūin||Limited express Sendai Express||Terminus|
|Ijūin||Rapid Ocean Liner Satsuma||Terminus|
|Ibusuki Makurazaki Line|
|Terminus||Limited express Ibusuki no Tamatebako||Kiire|
- October 11, 1913 - Opened as Take Station (武駅 Take-eki ) on the Sendai Line.
- December 17, 1915 - Opened as Take Ekimae tram stop (武駅前停留所) by Kagoshima Tram.
- October 17, 1927 - Take Station changed its name to Nishi-Kagoshima Station (西鹿児島駅)
- August 7, 1928 - Take Ekimae tram stop was renamed Nishi-Kagoshima Ekimae tram stop (西鹿児島駅前停留所).
On March 13, 2004, Nishi-Kagoshima Station was renamed Kagoshima-Chūō Station (鹿児島中央駅), and Kyushu Shinkansen services began between Shin-Yatsushiro and Kagoshima-Chūō. Nishi-Kagoshima Ekimae tram stop was renamed Kagoshima-Chuo Ekimae tram stop (鹿児島中央駅前停留所).
- Kagoshima-Chūō Ekimae tram stop
- Amu Plaza Kagoshima and Amuran Ferris wheel
- Kagoshima Central Post Office
- Museum of the Meiji Restoration
- Naples Avenue
- Kagoshima Prefectural Tsurumaru High School
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kagoshima-Chūō Station.|