|• Type||Town Council|
|Population (2006 Estimate)|
|Time zone||GMT + 3|
Kahama is located in Kahama District, in Shinyanga Region, in northwestern Tanzania, approximately 109 kilometres (68 mi), by road, southwest of Shinyanga, where the regional headquarters are located. This location lies approximately 536 kilometres (333 mi), by road, northwest of Dodoma, the capital city of Tanzania. The coordinates of the town are:3°50'15.0"S, 32°36'00.0"E (Latitude:-3.8375; Longitude:32.6000).
As of January 2006, the population of Kahama, Tanzania was estimated at about 36,000.
Points of interest
The following points of interest are located landmarks in the town of Kahama or near its borders:
- The headquarters of Kahama District Administration
- The offices of Kahama Town Council
- Kahama Central Market
- A branch of Azania Bank
- A branch of CRDB Bank
- A branch of National Bank of Commerce
- A branch of NIC Bank Tanzania
- Kahama Mining Corporation Limited (KMCL) - An underground gold mine operated by Barrick Gold, a Canadian mining company.
- Kahama General Hospital
- Kahama Airport
- The Dodoma-Bukoba Highway - The highway passes through town in a northwest to southeast direction.
- Northern Kahama Game Reserve - A national park located about 40 kilometres (25 mi), by road, north of the town of Kahama
- "Distance Between Kahama And Shinyanga, With Interactive Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "Map Showing Kahama And Dodoma With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Kahama, Tanzania At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- Mongabay, . (2006). "Estimated Population of Kahama, Tanzania In January 2006". Mongabay.Com. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- BPDWS, . "Kahama, Tanzania: Water & Sanitation Project". Business Partners for Development - Water & Sanitaion. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- Daily News Reporter, . (23 May 2011). "Tanzania: NBC Launches Kahama Branch". Tanzania Daily News via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 20 November 2014.