Kahimi Karie (album)
|Compilation album by Kahimi Karie|
|Genre||Shibuya-kei, alternative rock, indie pop|
|Producer||Tomoki Kanda, Cornelius, Momus, Philippe Katerine|
|Kahimi Karie chronology|
|Pitchfork Media||5.7/10 |
Kahimi Karie is a compilation of singles and EP tracks from Japanese pop artist Kahimi Karie. It was released in the U.S. in 1998, featuring the same tracklisting as Japan's Best On The Trattoria Label And More compilation of the same year. The Minty Fresh album also shared artwork with an earlier import release, My First Karie. The compilation is often U.S. listeners' introduction or only exposure to Karie's music; other than 1999's K.K.K.K.K., it would be her sole US release.
The album included songs written and/or produced by Momus, Keigo Oyamada (usually known by the pseudonym Cornelius) and Philippe Katerine, as well as covers of originals by Serge Gainsbourg and Astrud Gilberto.
Kahimi Karie received mixed reviews upon its release; however, it is often viewed by critics and fans as one of the most important releases in the short-lived Shibuya kei pop boom of the mid-to-late '90s.
- "Good Morning World" (Momus/Soft Machine) – 3:31
- "Candyman" (Keigo Oyamada) – 4:27
- "Elastic Girl" (Keigo Oyamada) – 5:48
- "Mike Alway's Diary" (Keigo Oyamada) – 3:18
- "Le roi soleil" (Momus) – 5:16
- "Take It Easy My Brother Charlie" (Astrud Gilberto) – 3:40
- "Zoom Up!" (Keigo Oyamada) – 2:03
- "Serieux comme le plaisir" (Serge Gainsbourg) – 2:19
- "Lolitapop Dollhouse" (Momus) – 4:08
- "Dis-moi quelque chose avant de dormir" (Philippe Katerine) – 2:07
- 'When You Close Your Eyes" (Kahimi Karie/Tomoki Kanda) – 2:44