December 19, 1983
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||114 lb (52 kg)|
America's Next Top Model
Rondot was born December 19, 1983, and was the runner-up on America's Next Top Model Cycle 4. At the beginning of the competition Kahlen's lack of confidence sometimes got the best of her; however, she consistently produced excellent photographs; at the final judging panel the judges noted that Kahlen had provided one of the best portfolios in all the previous cycles. The judges were most impressed with Kahlen's portrayal of the Springbok, South Africa's national animal, and when she portrayed Wrath during a shoot based on the 7 Deadly Sins. They were especially wowed by Kahlen's 7 Deadly Sins shoot because, in the same week, a friend from high school had died. She was called first that week.
When she made the "final six", Nigel Barker praised Rondot by stating, "You are a chameleon. You have the ability to turn into anything and everything. It's not sexy, but it's very cool."
Kahlen made it to the final two, but the judges felt that Naima stole the runway show. Tyra compared Kahlen to a girl who "did good all semester and kinda failed her final exams", and Naima to a girl who "did fair during the whole semester and 'killed' the final exams." Like all the girls who got Janice Dickinson's vote she ended runner-up. She was recently voted as one of the most memorable contestants by AOL entertainment, where it is stated that "She should have won her cycle."
After America's Next Top Model
Since the show Kahlen has appeared on numerous talk shows, including The Oprah Winfrey Show and The Tyra Banks Show. During an interview on the Tyra Banks show, she revealed that her friends sexually assaulted her when she was intoxicated at a party.
In 2005, the Oklahoma State Senate honored her with a resolution "congratulating Kahlen Rondot for representing Oklahoma on a national television program (and) commending her for her outstanding showing on America’s Next Top Model."
Her ANTM-related work includes US Weekly's Summer Hottest Trends with Naima Mora and Keenyah Hills, ElleGirl presents Dare To Be You: Wal-Mart Meets America's Next Top Models 2005 and its second installment where she walked for Alice and Olivia's Fall 2006 to raise funds against breast cancer, spreads in Elle Girl for Ford Fusion and Samsung, Jay Manuel's Manual Override Cosmetic line, Radar magazine's America's Ex Top Models and a campaign for Tulipa Collection by Vanessa Barantes with fellow alum Rebecca Epley.
Her non-ANTM related work includes a spread in Vice magazine Although she was not the winner of her cycle, her promotional picture is used as the shadowed "top model" on the Germany's Next Topmodel's logo. In July 2007, salacious images - allegedly of Rondot - appeared on the Internet, but their provenance remains unknown.
Rondot is no longer modeling. She currently works as a bartender in New York City, and plans to someday open her own bar.
- "Kahlen Rondot". BuddyTV. Retrieved 2008-03-05.
- MetroFashion.com web site announcement of the final four. Accessed April 18, 2008.
- Top Model Contestants We Can't Forget, II - AOL Entertainment Canada
- Oklahoma Senate Resolution SR 51, 1st Session of the 50th Legislature (2005). Accessed April 18, 2008.
- All ANTM - Print Work/Cycle Four Group
- ANTM Cycle 4 Return to the Runway
- ANTM Cycle 6: Where the Girls are
- topmodel: Ford Fusion ad in Elle Girl
- topmodel: Kahlen's new campaign
- topmodel: America's Ex-Top Models
- topmodel: Great pics of Kahlen and Rebecca...credi
- Vice Magazine - Vice Fashion - Horror Camp Massacre
- Unstirred.com gossip site. Accessed April 18, 2008.
- Former 'America's Next Top Model' contestant bartending on YouTube
- Kahlen Rondot at the Internet Movie Database
- America's Next Top Model fan site page on Kahlen Rondot
- Spock.com image gallery and article biobliography