|Location||India Amritsar, Gurdaspur|
Kahlon (Punjabi: کاہلوں (Shahmukhi); ਕਾਹਲੋਂ (Gurmukhi)), alternatively spelled Kahloon, is the name of an Indo-Aryan Jat clan inhabiting the states of East and West Punjab along North-western Indo-Pak border.
Religion and Diaspora
The Kahlon today populate the districts of Lahore, Faisalabad (formerly Lyallpur), Narowal, Sialkot, Gujranwala, Ludhiana, Gurdaspur and Amritsar districts in Punjab states of India and Pakistan. The Kahlon in Punjab (Pakistan) follow Islam, while their counterparts in Punjab (India) are Sikhs. Kahlons are from the pind Sunny district Phagwara.
The following is a list of notable persons with the surname Kahlon/Kahloon:
- Mumtaz Kahloon - ex-Chairman of the National Vocational and Technical Training Commission of Pakistan; Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, Sargodha District.
- [Muhammad Iqbal Chaudhry - highly influential political leader and most powerful feudalist of Punjab.
- Abrar-ul-Haq Kahloon - Pakistani pop, bhangra and folk singer; President (Youth Wing), Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf.
- Preneet Kaur - Titular Maharani of Patiala; ex-Minister of State for External Affairs (India); wife of ex-Chief Minister of Punjab Capt. Amarinder Singh.
- Nirmal Singh Kahlon - ex-Speaker of the Punjab Legislative Assembly (India).
- Ravi Karan Singh Kahlon - Youth Akali Dal (Punjab) leader.
- Ravi Kahlon - Canadian National Field Hockey Player.
- "...Ravikaran Singh Kahlon, chairman of Punjab State Tubewell Corporation..." http://archive.indianexpress.com/news/fullblooded-wishes-on-sad-chief-s-b-day/644649/
- "Men's National Team, Field Hockey, Canada, Player Profiles." http://www.fieldhockey.ca/archives/profiles/men/rkahlon.html