Kahuku High & Intermediate School
|Kahuku High and Intermediate School|
|Kahuku High & Intermediate School
Learning Today for Lifelong Success in College, Career, and Community!
|56-490 Kamehameha Hwy
Kahuku, Hawaii 96731
|School district||Windward District of Oahu|
|Vice principal||Ikaika Punkett|
|Vice principal||Pat Macadangdang|
|Vice principal||Annette Olstrem|
|Number of students||approximately 1600|
|Color(s)||red and white|
|Accreditation||Western Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Website||Kahuku Official Site|
Kahuku High & Intermediate School, located in Kahuku CDP, City and County of Honolulu, Hawaii on the island of Oahu, serves approximately 1,850 students in grades seven through twelve and is part of the Windward District on the island of Oahu. It is a part of the Hawaii Department of Education. The students of Kahuku are enrolled from the communities of Kaaawa, Hauula, Laie, Kahuku, and Sunset Beach which span a twenty-six mile stretch along the North Shore. Known as the "Pride of the North Shore,” Kahuku High and Intermediate has academic and athletic programs and a Music Learning Center that features band and choral music which have garnered state and national recognition.
The campus has a bronze sculpture Spirit of Kahuku by Jan Gordon Fisher and Bruce Brown.
In old Kahuku stands our Alma Mater
Where the salt winds blow day after day
With her doors flung wide
For her sons and daughters true
While the flag of freedom proudly waves above.
Hail Kahuku, Hail our Alma Mater
Hail to our colors red and white
We'll cherish, love, and honor thee
All hail, Kahuku, hail! 
Kahuku Red Raiders football
Since 1999, the Red Raiders have appeared in the state championship game seven times, coming away victorious in six of them and have won the title under two different coaches, Siuaki Livai (2000, 2001, 2003, 2005) and Reggie Torres (2006, 2011, 2012). Aside from holding multiple state titles, the Red Raiders have won the Oahu Interscholastic Association (OIA) title 11 times since 1998, a feat no other OIA team has ever accomplished. Along with being consistently being ranked number one in the state, the team also has been nationally ranked several times over the past two decades.
Notable alumni include Congressman Eni F.H. Faleomavaega, educator and politician Salu Hunkin-Finau, Dr. Robert Anae, 2008 Olympian Natasha Kai, singer/songwriter Jack Johnson, Alexander Bonde a German politician, member of Alliance '90/The Greens in the Bundestag and Albert Mailo Former Attorney General of American Samoa & presently Administrative Law Judge of American Samoa Government. Renee Nobriga class of 2002 was crowned Miss Hawaii USA 2010 and competed at Miss USA pageant in Las Vegas, NV.
Professional football players who attended Kahuku High School
- Junior Ah You, Canadian Football League
- Tala Esera, Indianapolis Colts and Miami Dolphins
- Toniu Fonoti, San Diego Chargers, Minnesota Vikings, and Jacksonville Jaguars
- Aaron Francisco, Indianapolis Colts, Carolina Panthers, and Arizona Cardinals
- Lakei Heimuli, Chicago Bears
- Chris Kemoeatu, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Ma'ake Kemoeatu, Washington Redskins, Carolina Panthers, and Baltimore Ravens
- Itula Mili, Seattle Seahawks
- Chris Naole, New Orleans Saints and Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tevita Ofahengaue, Arizona Cardinals and Jacksonville Jaguars
- Leonard Peters, Chicago Bears
- Al Afalava, Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts, and Tennessee Titans
- Robert Anae, USFL New Jersey Generals
- Al Lolotai, Washington Redskins
- Palauni Ma Sun, Arena Football
- Faaesea Mailo, New York Jets
- Brad Anae, Houston Gamblers of USFL
- "Kahuku CDP, Hawaii." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 21, 2009.
- "Alma Mater." Kahuku High & Intermediate School. Retrieved on May 21, 2009.
- Star-Advertiser staff. "Kahuku beats Punahou to win Division I state football title". Honolulu Star Advertiser. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- "Woman in race for American Samoa governor". Associated Press (Honolulu Star-Advertiser). 2012-02-28. Retrieved 2012-11-03.