|IATA: KBZ – ICAO: NZKI
|Operator||Kaikoura District Council|
|Location||Kaikoura, South Island, New Zealand|
|Elevation AMSL||19 ft / 6 m|
|Source: NZAIP Volume 4 AD|
Wings Over Whales
A scenic flight operator based at Kaikoura. Which offers 30 minute flights for whale watching. Their fleet consists of two aircraft:
Air Kaikoura is another scenic operator based at the aerodrome since 1983.
- Airfield elevation: 19 feet (6 m) AMSL
- Runway 05/23: 700 by 10 metres (2,297 ft × 33 ft) bitumen PCN 18
- Runway 05/23: 615 by 25 metres (2,018 ft × 82 ft) grass ESWL 1090
The aerodrome is operated by Kaikoura District Council and is available for general use without the permission of the operator.
- "NZKI Kaikoura" (PDF). AIP New Zealand. Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand. 2 Sep 2004.
- Accident history for KBZ at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for NZKI at Great Circle Mapper.
|This article about an Oceanian airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Canterbury Region-related geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|