Coordinates: Kakamega School, formerly known as African Government School Kakamega and Kakamega High School, is a four-year high school in Kakamega, Kenya. It is categorized by the Ministry of Education Kenya as a national school. Kakamega School is notable in the country for performances in extra curricular activities such as drama, and also excels in sport.
Harold Arthur Waterloo Chapman started and established the school in 1914. It was not though until 1932 that students would start getting admitted.
Education and extra-curricular disciplines
Through their soccer team The Green Commandos the school has won more football championships than any other school in the country. The drama team that was managed by drama teacher/director/producer Oliver Minishi won awards in the national drama festivals. Kakamega School's rugby team has dominated secondary school's rugby competition.
- Kenneth Marende, Speaker of the National Assembly
- Najib Balala, Minister For Tourism
- Noah Wekesa, Minister for Wildlife and Forestry
- Moody Awori, former Vice President
- Bonny Khalwale, M.P of the Ikolomani Constituency
- Ochilo Ayako, former Minister for Sports
- Newton Kulundu, former Minister for Labour
- Yusuf Chanzu, MP for the Vihiga Constituency
- Dennis Oliech, international footballer