Kalamazoo Transportation Center
|Kalamazoo Transportation Center|
|Address||459 North Burdick Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
|Connections||Amtrak Thruway Motorcoach
Metro Transit (Kalamazoo)
|Platforms||1 side platform, 1 island platform|
|Owned by||City of Kalamazoo|
|Passengers (2013)||129,858 3.7%|
Michigan Central Depot (Kalamazoo, Michigan)
|Location||Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA|
|Governing body||City of Kalamazoo|
|NRHP Reference #||75000949|
|Added to NRHP||July 11, 1975|
The Kalamazoo Transportation Center is an intermodal complex in downtown Kalamazoo, Michigan. Amtrak and Greyhound provide regular service there. The center is also the major downtown transfer hub for Kalamazoo's Metro Transit bus system.
Amtrak does not allow passengers to check luggage at Kalamazoo, but does permit carry-on of up to two suitcases plus "personal items" such as briefcases, purses, laptop bags, and infant gear.
The center is not an airport; local air traffic uses the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport, about four miles south.
The station was rebuilt as a multi-modal facility in the early 21st century. The project was a collaboration between local, state, and federal authorities, with the Department of Transportation awarding a $3.8 million grant.
Amtrak's Blue Water arrives as the sun sets. Note the Superliner consist.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2013, State of Michigan" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- Kalamazoo County Listings at National Register of Historic Places
- Jessup, Kathy (2006-09-16). "Transportation center off to smooth start". Kalamazoo Gazette.
- Kalamazoo County Listings
- Kohrman (2003), 23.
- "$3.8 Million Transit Grant Will Help Revitalize Downtown Kalamazoo". U.S. Department of Transportation. October 19, 2004. Archived from the original on 2006-09-24. Retrieved 2006-11-16.
- Amtrak – Stations – Kalamazoo, MI
- Kalamazoo Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Kalamazoo County Listings on the National Register of Historic Places
- Kalamazoo Transportation Center (Michigan Passenger Stations)
- Kalamazoo Station (Ron's Amtrak Photos)
- Kalamazoo, MI (KAL) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)